2020 Spanish GP

(16-08-2020, 01:13 PM)morini Wrote:  I wouldn't want to buy that Renault Kaptur thing Lando and Carlos are wrecking. No amount of valeting is going to get rid of the stink of sour milk.

Just needs a kipper under the back seat for a couple of weeks. No one will worry about the sour milk smell then.....
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

Well Lewis would have got a new set of Hards handed back after FP1 and Bottas a new set of Mediums, so I thought Lewis was testing the Hard and Bottas the Medium. Mercedes often split the tyre running on a Friday, but I honestly wasn't paying much attention. Well, not like I normally do any way. Not long to go until the start of the race now though. We'll see if all of that Mercedes homework paid off, because not only is Barcelona swelteringly hot, the track surface is more abraissive than a racist grandad at a cookout. We'll know pretty rapidly today whether or not we have a race on our hands, because Bottas made those Medium tyres last, and last. If Mercedes get the Softs to about lap 24/25 it'll be a relatively comfortable one stop for them. If they're forced to pit for new boots before lap before lap 20 it might be a two stop. Red Bull should comfortably be able to one stop.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Ah yeah, I didn't think about the P1 tyres being handed back. Good chance I've got that wrong then.

Well, if Lewis was on the Hards in FP2 then he's potentially got a chance of putting the Hards on and making them work. Interesting first phase ahead, but I think o CE that phase is out of the way we'll know the way this is going to fall pretty much, barring any last minute tyre failures.

So, in the chat over ten minutes?

(16-08-2020, 01:57 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So, in the chat over ten minutes?

Will join chat once the MGP race is over.

Yeah, currently in chat.

So Lewis did set his car up for the race, and he just crushed VB. Lewis' closest challenger is Max, and VB might be asked to play wingman again soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(16-08-2020, 03:56 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So Lewis did set his car up for the race, and he just crushed VB. Lewis' closest challenger is Max, and VB might be asked to play wingman again soon.

You know what makes me think with that remark? How bad Albon is driving. I mean, with Bottas at least Mercedes can ask him to be a wingman, while Albon can't even be there for Verstappen to help in that role. The gap between Albon and Verstappen is to big.

Great race from Hamilton.
Verstappen did great as well. All he could at least.
Bottas again not good enough. Should've at least be in the fight with Verstappen on track.
Both pink drivers did well. That is an excellent car they have at Racing Point.
Saintz, great performance again. 
Good to see Vettel getting a break. I really liked that he just went for it. Like he said to his team; "I have nothing to loose".
Albon dissapointed again, while Gasly in the slower car is right up his heels with another good drive. Keep it up Gasly, you get that seat back this way.

Overall, dull race.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

My "Driver" of the day; Gianpiero Lambiase for telling Max to effectively shut up and get on with it. I love that guy!!!!

A pretty uneventful race which was a masterclass from Lewis Hamilton. Bottas looks like every last breath of air has left his body. Verstappen splitting the Mercedes was an excellent drive by him. Vettels Ferrari nightmare continues the lack of team work with him was I thought personally a disgrace by Ferrari . One could be forgiven for thinking they are they can force Vettel to quit such was the poor performance of his pitwall.

I am always reluctant to open up wounds in any team and with any fans so I say this in the spirit of understanding, not gloating, not beating up on a team but what the hell has happen with that Ferrari engine. From this outsiders very limited knowledge I am now even more suspicious of the "deal" between F1 and Ferrari over their engine from last year. This smacks of a major cover up for me. That said surely there has to be more than that to it. In previous years engine performance has been at about and even better than Mercedes.

Someone want to educate me?
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post