2020 70th Anniversary GP

It's a concern Morini. Looking at the tyres going into it there are some teams with only 5 or 6 sets of new tyres left. Merc and RBR have 7, so they'll probably be fine... but if you're Sainz with 5 sets left, and you're aiming for Q3, you're going to need to nail your lap in Q1 and probably Q2 to have the right tyres available for the race. I expect Mercedes and RBR are looking to try and do a M,H,H race and if possible throw on a set of Softs at the end for fastest lap if they have the gap.

Otherwise, an utterly meaningless session, to except say that Lewis has more wing than Bottas and is clearly looking way more to Sunday than qualifying.

In terms of looking at the rest, better from Albon, but impressed with Norris, Gasly and Hulk again today.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-08-2020, 12:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Otherwise, an utterly meaningless session, to except say that Lewis has more wing than Bottas and is clearly looking way more to Sunday than qualifying.

I fully expect track position to be king again. But SC's and more stops might make setting up for tyre preservation an advantage. I guess we will see tomorrow.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Thing is, even with more wing he was 0.2 quicker than Bottas, and his lap was compromised. I think if Lewis takes pole today Bottas will really struggle on Sunday if he goes with the skinnier wings. He'll chew his tyres up quicker like he did on his race sims.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(08-08-2020, 01:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Thing is, even with more wing he was 0.2 quicker than Bottas, and his lap was compromised. I think if Lewis takes pole today Bottas will really struggle on Sunday if he goes with the skinnier wings. He'll chew his tyres up quicker like he did on his race sims.

Times in this mornings P3 session were slow though. No showing of hands.

No one was, the issue is track temps are up on last week, and I'm not sure the tyres, Softs in particular, but mediums also, are holding on for an entire lap.

Anyone in chat for quali?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

That wind sock is giving it some today.

A few in chat if anyone's interested?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Very close, great stuff. Fantastic for the Hulk to be on 3rd, sterling show. Bad day for McLaren...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I am shocked nobody signed Nico to a seat. To walk in off the street and perform like that is fantastic. Says a lot about Stroll for sure!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Good lap from Valtteri. 

All hail the *HULK*   Cool

With Max 4th on the hard tyres its going to be great.   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post