2020 British GP

I know what I'm seeing, the Merc looks unhappy here, as evidenced by that slight off from Lewis.

Awesome to see Nico back in F1 albeit a brief stay I am sure
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Lewis does not look happy in the car today. Some homework to do methinks tonight. But we'll get to see some race stints.

I was watching him onboard (on used soft tyres), looked fine to me up until he made a mistake and then backed out. Their first laps were definitely compromised, but you sound like the Sky commentators with theis hot temps myth. I think making assumptions like Mercedes don't like warm conditions on the strength of a P session is just wishful thinking.

But let's just wait until we get a properly hot quali and race and I might buy it. I'm willing to bet that Mercedes will still be up front though. That car is truly something to behold.

Race pace might tell us something, but those soft tyre P2 runs are pretty meaningless IMO.

[edit]
Vettel seems to have thrown in the towel. His body language in the car says he's thinking "WTF".

No crowd really sucks it really makes this race with so many ardent fans there. Better than nothing for sure. Nasty crash for Albon.

(31-07-2020, 04:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Awesome to see Nico back in F1 albeit a brief stay I am sure

Will be two races Neil.

(31-07-2020, 04:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Nasty crash for Albon.

That Red Bull just looks unpredictable. It's RBR who have the work to do I reckon.

Watching ESPN which has Sky Coverage I cannot believe how much crap Albon is taking from them. I think he is doing pretty good. Expectations of being close to Verstappen are unreasonable as he is already being hailed as a future World Champion. I do not think Albon is at that level but for year 1 he is doing okay in my book

The hot conditions seem to be a big of an equalizer what is the forecast for the rest of the weekend. The same?

(31-07-2020, 04:17 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Watching ESPN which has Sky Coverage I cannot believe how much crap Albon is taking from them. I think he is doing pretty good. Expectations of being close to Verstappen are unreasonable as he is already being hailed as a future World Champion. I do not think Albon is at that level but for year 1 he is doing okay in my book

He's done a few things which have made me doubt he is cut for the top tier. But I like him and he can show a turn of speed.

I think what RBR are lacking at the moment (with both drivers, and I'm being serious) is someone to help steer the engineers in the right direction. I like Max, don't get me wrong, he's blisteringly fast and a great racer. I'm not convinced he is a top "car developer" and team leader though. Red Bull could put somebody a lot more experienced in Albons car and it would reap benefits for Max as well.

(31-07-2020, 04:17 PM)NeilP Wrote:  The hot conditions seem to be a big of an equalizer what is the forecast for the rest of the weekend. The same?

Nope, a lot cooler tomorrow and Sunday.

Next weekend *might* be hot though. Second guessing the weather in the UK is futile.