The f*ck you covid-19 thread

I actually don’t blame the young ones, we are looking at this from middle aged perspectives whereas 20 odd maybe 40 odd years ago  in Morinis case we would of been of the same mindset, part of me thinks “life has to go on regardless” we cannot simply hide from a virus that doesn’t work (last lockdown has shown this imo). Nature weeds out the old and weak that’s a very simplistic and brutal view but it’s how we operate. That said I wouldn’t knowingly just blunder around and say sod it to my parents or elderly for me it’s about applying common sense I wear a mask I confirm and I feel happier in myself doing that towards the vulnerable but I’m pretty sure the Govt are happy for the elderly to get hit as it’s a financial burden for them imo. Cold but true but I’ll certainly keep doing my bit to try and keep myself my family and others safe.

We also need to be careful imo of presuming people not wearing masks are doing it as non conformists as that is not always the case, as I said to my mate in London let them do their thing you do yours as long as they are not in your space
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Just to put the cat among the pigeons while we are on the subject.........What is our opinions on the virus being man made vs a natural occurrence?

(29-09-2020, 08:46 PM)Beano Wrote:  I actually don’t blame the young ones, we are looking at this from middle aged perspectives 

........middle aged?........WTF.....im still in my 20`s  (in my head)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(29-09-2020, 08:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just to put the cat among the pigeons while we are on the subject.........What is our opinions on the virus being man made vs a natural occurrence?
It's not natural.....it came from Whuhans Bio factory....every Consultant in my work is sure it is man made...and was released by mistake.

(29-09-2020, 08:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just to put the cat among the pigeons while we are on the subject.........What is our opinions on the virus being man made vs a natural occurrence?

(29-09-2020, 08:46 PM)Beano Wrote:  I actually don’t blame the young ones, we are looking at this from middle aged perspectives 

Yea 20 stone Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(29-09-2020, 08:46 PM)Beano Wrote:  I actually don’t blame the young ones, we are looking at this from middle aged perspectives whereas 20 odd maybe 40 odd years ago  in Morinis case we would of been of the same mindset, part of me thinks “life has to go on regardless” we cannot simply hide from a virus that doesn’t work (last lockdown has shown this imo). Nature weeds out the old and weak that’s a very simplistic and brutal view but it’s how we operate. That said I wouldn’t knowingly just blunder around and say sod it to my parents or elderly for me it’s about applying common sense I wear a mask I confirm and I feel happier in myself doing that towards the vulnerable but I’m pretty sure the Govt are happy for the elderly to get hit as it’s a financial burden for them imo. Cold but true but I’ll certainly keep doing my bit to try and keep myself my family and others safe.

We also need to be careful imo of presuming people not wearing masks are doing it as non conformists as that is not always the case, as I said to my mate in London let them do their thing you do yours as long as they are not in your space

I do agree for the most part. I see the young ones doing their thing as well. But to be honest; they tried hard in the beginning of the year, but you can't keep those hormones down forever. I see they still try to do their best in their own way, a unwise, silly way of a developing brain. Just like we all did at that age with certain things.

That nature weeds out the old and weak is true of course, although this virus is a bit sudden. I am still not sure on how it works. Could well be that it attacks harder on certain genes than others, but that is still a Darwin way of life. Doesn't mean of course that we should let it happen without fighting it. That social part is also part of the Darwin system of humans. 

And the bloody masks? Over here (Netherlands) it is not obligated and almost nobody wears them.  I hate the stupid things and don't believe they help one bit.

I don't believe a government is happy about the elderly getting a hit. There are a bunch of assholes in politics, but they are still humans, with parents. And if one thing is certain then it is that this virus will hit the world financially hard, extremely hard! I tell you now that we will see this moment in time forever in the financial books. The things that are happening in the financial world are extreme I the thing I don't understand is that we all act like nothing is happening. Just like the madness before the 2008 crisis. And then Lehman brothers collapsed... If you ask me, it is only building up another financial crisis. That should be the real focus.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(29-09-2020, 09:20 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I do agree for the most part. I see the young ones doing their thing as well. But to be honest; they tried hard in the beginning of the year, but you can't keep those hormones down forever. I see they still try to do their best in their own way, a unwise, silly way of a developing brain. Just like we all did at that age with certain things.

It isn't only young people who ignore the advice (well, laws in a lot of cases) but they are the biggest demographic who do as they please and have the least risk of problems from the virus. Not all young people either, very unfair to generalise in that way, In my area there are plenty of older people who ignore the guidelines as well. It is understandable that young people want to live their lives, I see that and if I were in my teens / twenties I think I would struggle to comply more than the older version of me. My two young adult kids live at home and they don't like the restrictions at all, but they do have a sense of social responsibility.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-09-2020, 09:20 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(29-09-2020, 08:46 PM)Beano Wrote:  I actually don’t blame the young ones, we are looking at this from middle aged perspectives whereas 20 odd maybe 40 odd years ago  in Morinis case we would of been of the same mindset, part of me thinks “life has to go on regardless” we cannot simply hide from a virus that doesn’t work (last lockdown has shown this imo). Nature weeds out the old and weak that’s a very simplistic and brutal view but it’s how we operate. That said I wouldn’t knowingly just blunder around and say sod it to my parents or elderly for me it’s about applying common sense I wear a mask I confirm and I feel happier in myself doing that towards the vulnerable but I’m pretty sure the Govt are happy for the elderly to get hit as it’s a financial burden for them imo. Cold but true but I’ll certainly keep doing my bit to try and keep myself my family and others safe.

I do agree for the most part. I see the young ones doing their thing as well. But to be honest; they tried hard in the beginning of the year, but you can't keep those hormones down forever. I see they still try to do their best in their own way, a unwise, silly way of a developing brain. Just like we all did at that age with certain things.

That nature weeds out the old and weak is true of course, although this virus is a bit sudden. I am still not sure on how it works. Could well be that it attacks harder on certain genes than others, but that is still a Darwin way of life. Doesn't mean of course that we should let it happen without fighting it. That social part is also part of the Darwin system of humans. 

And the bloody masks? Over here (Netherlands) it is not obligated and almost nobody wears them.  I hate the stupid things and don't believe they help one bit.

I don't believe a government is happy about the elderly getting a hit. There are a bunch of assholes in politics, but they are still humans, with parents. And if one thing is certain then it is that this virus will hit the world financially hard, extremely hard! I tell you now that we will see this moment in time forever in the financial books. The things that are happening in the financial world are extreme I the thing I don't understand is that we all act like nothing is happening. Just like the madness before the 2008 crisis. And then Lehman brothers collapsed... If you ask me, it is only building up another financial crisis. That should be the real focus.

In relation to your part about masks. Yeah don’t believe they were ever intended to stop a virus just reduce particles spread and breathed in. As a chap who has had to wear respirators in the past the mask has no seal so it’s not stopping it getting in really but it’s a small barrier compared to bare faced so it has some merit. Idiots who wear them under their nose now they are special, may as well not bother at all.

I don’t like wearing them but if it helps a small part I’m all for it imo

20s? I had you younger tbh  Big Grin

(29-09-2020, 07:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I too am totally behind local lockdowns (and truth be told I didnt mind the full lockdown other than not being able to visit my dad....im an unsociable bugger at the best of times ) as imo there are just no other viable options, I cant comment on other peoples areas but from what I can see here, there is as many not wearing masks nor distancing as there is abiding by the rules.......I dont get their mentality, just do what you are advised/told and give the vulnerable half a fecking chance.

*The original question/debate was on the conspiracy theories of Covid and how some claim its all a big hoax.

Yeah agreed Forza, but like everything people tend to see differently (just look on here lol). Annoying as it is we just have to look past it imo.
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(16-09-2020, 06:23 PM)morini Wrote:  Turkish GP aiming for 100k people!

WTF? That is too many people too soon in my opinion.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/turki...=widget-22

Wise decision!

Turkish Grand Prix bosses have dramatically had to abandon plans to allow spectators in to next month's race.

(autosport.com)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-10-2020, 12:42 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Wise decision!

Turkish Grand Prix bosses have dramatically had to abandon plans to allow spectators in to next month's race.

(autosport.com)

The missing link

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152587...at-f1-race

Wink

Cheers M......I did actually provide the link in my original post but for reasons beyond my "Monday mind" it came out with colour/font/size something or other here there and everywhere......... being a lazy fecker I opted just to delete & write (autosport.com) Wink

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-10-2020, 06:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Cheers M......I did actually provide the link in my original post

You're welcome.

Yeah, you should be ok copying / pasting link addresses from your browser address bar, but if you try to copy some text from the page itself then a lot of the time you'll end up pasting html tags into the post editor on here. This can have unwanted / undesirable effects and also makes posts hard to read for any forum users who might be using a dark theme. It's a pain, but the way I do it if I want to paste text from another web page is paste it into a plain text editor first (like notepad on windows) then copy it again from notepad before pasting into the post editor on here. It is an extra step, but it strips out all the unwanted tags and you just get the "text" on here.

I could cripple the post editor so it is text only, but that is not ideal will screw people over who do want to have some text formatting (like in their sigs for example).