Winter Testing 2020

(15-12-2020, 04:12 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  During a qualifying simulation run towards the end of the day, Alonso put in a lap of 1m36.333 seconds – which was faster than both Renault duo Esteban Ocon and Daniel Ricciardo produced in qualifying last weekend.

I wouldnt expect anything less from the great Alonso....what a guy!  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-12-2020, 04:12 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Fernando Alonso topped the times at Formula 1's young driver test in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday as he completed a full day of running for Renault.

The Spaniard, who is returning to F1 next season, had caused some controversy by being allowed to run at the test in spite of his vast experience.

Both he and Renault were eager to get the day's running under their belt though, as it was the only opportunity the double world champion had to run the 2020 car outside of a filming day he did at Barcelona earlier in the year.

During a qualifying simulation run towards the end of the day, Alonso put in a lap of 1m36.333 seconds – which was faster than both Renault duo Esteban Ocon and Daniel Ricciardo produced in qualifying last weekend.

Good to see. I always rated Alonso very high and was a bit afraid that his age and his absence in F1 would have its effect on his driving.
Not that this is saying everything, but it is a good first sign.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

^^^ I'll bet Vandoorne looks at this & says FFS not again.     Shutup     Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post