2020 Austrian GP

(03-07-2020, 10:09 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Oh God, Merc'll be there mate, they always are. But the Red Bull Ring isn't a happy hunting ground.

And yeah, it's weird with no fans, but this year has been weird.

No, Mercedes never seem to get the run of this place, sometimes due to luck I'll have to say. The track isn't a great one by any stretch of the imagination, not one of my favourites anyway. However, I feel it might be different this year what with the uncertainty in how many races there will be. I think they will be gunning for a good start as it could be way more important than in normal years.

I'd watch a race at any circuit at this point in time, Mickey Mouse one or not!

F1 is back, and colour me unsurprised they have no timing.

Good God Liberty Media are shyte.

The App is also really bad today, stream is dreadful.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(03-07-2020, 10:16 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The App is also really bad today, stream is dreadful.

The only reason I stick with Sky. If they didn't have sole coverage of F1 I would not have Sky TV at all. There are zero decent alternatives unfortunately.

Christian Horner on the screen at the moment, almost has me reaching for the off button!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Yeah, RBR having DAS rumours intensify!!!

(03-07-2020, 10:27 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, RBR having DAS rumours intensify!!!

Very much doubt they could develop a comparable system that quickly. And why would they for what could be 10 or so races?

Besides, I reckon the performance benefits will be minuscule. Mercedes are getting far more benefit out of keeping the other teams guessing than they are with the DAS itself.

Smoke out of a pink merc. Oh dear!

Yeah, pink Merc smoking like a chimney. New Merc config power unit. Worrying times.

Oh God look at Hamilton, doing a race stint and smacking in the laps on the hards half a second quicker.

Unusual to see Stroll top the timesheets, albeit on two tyre compounds softer than Lewis. Held it for all of 30 seconds though.

[edit]

And now a McLaren up there. Be great if that was real!! Early days though, and it Friday P1 so means bog all.

That pink Merc is quick. Nice lap from Stroll... There's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

(03-07-2020, 10:41 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  That pink Merc is quick. Nice lap from Stroll... There's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

On the supersofts though. And soon eclipsed. Sainz looks fast though.