Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Esports 2020
So, we all know whats going on. This is the year where sport could be saved by Esports, everyone can play from isolation.

To start F1 Veloce are holding a virtual Australian GP featuring RL Pro drivers.

https://twitter.com/VeloceEsports/status...5543848962

Tune in at 17:45 GMT.

It can be crap to watch, but it's possibly all we'll have.

I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post
VERSTAPPEN JOINS THE RACE’S ALL-STAR ESPORTS BATTLE FIELD

Red Bull Formula 1 driver Max Verstappen has joined the list of motorsport stars – real-life and virtual – who will take part in The Race’s All-Star Esports Battle on Sunday.

Following the cancellation of this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix and the widespread disruption of the international motorsport calendar amid the coronavirus pandemic, Verstappen will join the grid alongside 2019 Indianapolis 500 winner Simon Pagenaud and ex-F1 and IndyCar driver Juan Pablo Montoya and his son Sebastian.
IndyCar drivers Felix Rosenqvist and Colton Herta were also revealed this morning.

The event will be streamed live on The Race’s YouTube channel and is set to get underway at 1pm UK time on Sunday March 15.
The 2014/15 Formula E champion Nelson Piquet Jr and Formula E driver Neel Jani have also joined the line-up, alongside the previously announced 2020 FE championship leader Antonio Felix da Costa. Fellow Formula E drivers Oliver Turvey and Max Gunther will also participate.

Billy Monger, Rudy van Buren, World’s Fastest Gamer James Baldwin, and inaugural F1 Esports champion Brendon Leigh are also on the entry list.

The new event has been created by The Race’s parent company Torque Esports in partnership with leading race simulation software rFactor 2.
Drivers will use the Formula ISI 2012.
(the-race.com)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post
(14-03-2020, 01:24 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  So, we all know whats going on. This is the year where sport could be saved by Esports, everyone can play from isolation.

So I'm guessing I am in the minority considering "Esports" as a contradiction in terms? It's bloody kids on playstations FFS! It's not sport.
hehe we've had the definition of sport discussion in snooker topics. While it doesn't satisfy the 'physical exertion' token of sport definition, it sure does for 'skill'. Maybe video games it's not a sport, but it sure is competitive.

Gave F1 2019 a try this weekend as it free. Boy is it tough. F1 2017 i could get within a second at the top times in TT, with a controller against people with Wheel setups, now i'm 3 seconds off. Guess im struggling to find setups for the car, which in 2017 took me 100's of hours to nail down.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post
esport lap of Kymiring with FQ20

https://twitter.com/i/status/1240003146937765895

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post
Looks a flowing yet technical lap.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post
2nd round takes place @ 5pm uk time for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_RV5UY...e=youtu.be

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post
(21-03-2020, 10:43 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  2nd round takes place @ 5pm uk time for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_RV5UY...e=youtu.be

Cheers for the link Forza, bit surprised no Lando? some famous names in it, feck all motorsport to watch so I'll give it a try in the hope Max has another..... *doom switch* engaged melt down Hahaha  Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel  
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post
Good to see Juan Manuel Correa getting in on the action also! Im not into gaming and never was but its this or nada so guess ill be watching.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post
I see Sky are televising the Bahrain virtual GP at 8pm tonight. I suppose I should watch it even though I'm struggling to muster any enthusiasm to do so.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post