Thread Closed

Slow news month

(17-01-2020, 12:40 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  According to Gazzetta dello Sport, "Lewis is set to extend his stay with current champions Mercedes until the end of 2022, negotiations are at an advanced stage and worth in the region of 45m Euros a year with bonuses.”

So only two more years to wait for Lewis to sign for Ferrari Forza, you must be very frustrated to wait so long....  Laughing

"45m Euros a year with bonuses" not bad for a lad from a council estate is it. Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(17-01-2020, 01:48 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "45m Euros a year with bonuses" not bad for a lad from a council estate is it. Cool

I bet you if he renews with Mercedes it will be more than 45m. Max Vertsappen renewed with RBR for more than that (if the articles are true). And everyone knows drivers and their egos!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(17-01-2020, 01:48 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So only two more years to wait for Lewis to sign for Ferrari Forza, you must be very frustrated to wait so long....  Laughing

Another 2 years and he will pull the plug me thinks.... to serenade diners at his carbon neutral fancy dress vegan restaurant  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I find it difficult imagining Kimi doing military service & having to follow orders, Left Right, Left Right, About turn, Bwoah... im off for a shit.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

2020 F1 car launches (confirmed so far...)
February 11
Ferrari
Maranello, Italy
February 12

Renault
Paris, France
February 13

McLaren
MTC, Woking
February 14

Mercedes
Silverstone, UK
February 14

Alpha Tauri (formerly Toro Rosso)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Wolff and Stroll plotting Aston Martin takeover at Mercedes?

Mercedes are yet to commit to Formula One past the end of the 2020 season and reports now suggest that Lawrence Stroll is eyeing up a takeover of the team alongside Toto Wolff if his bid to purchase Aston Martin is successful.

After Stroll was confirmed to have met with Aston Martin last week, the nature of the meeting was not confirmed, the obvious links were drawn between the British manufacturer and Racing Point, the team currently owned by Stroll.

According to F1-insider.com, these reports are way off the mark and the Canadian has now entered into a partnership with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff as Wolff looks to secure his future in the sport should Mercedes call time at the end of the season.

It was thought that Wolff was in contention to take over from Formula One CEO Chase Carey, but Ferrari vetoed the move, saying a three-year period away from the sport should be mandatory before any existing key figure takes the top job.

Former F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone told F1-insider, "Toto wants to be prepared if Mercedes gets out and only acts as an engine manufacturer."

“Why should Mercedes continue to spend so much money on a team when they have already won everything? In terms of image, the group is completely satisfied with marketing with the hybrid engines. "

"The mere fact that Mercedes has not yet signed the new Concorde Agreement from 2021 onwards is strange."

The delay in Mercedes committing their future to Formula One is likely to be a major factor in the delay for getting Lewis Hamilton to sign on the dotted line of a contract extension.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(20-01-2020, 01:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  The delay in Mercedes committing their future to Formula One is likely to be a major factor in the delay for getting Lewis Hamilton to sign on the dotted line of a contract extension.

Yeah, I saw this too. Not sure how much truth there is in it, but perhaps my "Lewis to McLaren in 2021" throw away isn't so far fetched after all?
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Fernando Alonso is no longer officially associated with McLaren after his ambassadorial contract expired without renewal.

The double world champion stepped back into the role after giving up his Formula 1 seat after the 2018 season but notably tested last year's car in Bahrain, attended some events as an advisor and competed at the Indianapolis 500 with the British team.

But after Andretti Autosport emerged as Alonso's likely team for a third Indy attempt this year and the Spaniard himself hinted at a 2021 F1 return, all ties with McLaren are now severed.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hey Morini, Lewis`s season 4 collection is imminent ..........very soon you & Mrs M can sport matching outfits  Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-01-2020, 06:13 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Hey Morini, Lewis`s season 4 collection is imminent ..........very soon you & Mrs M can sport matching outfits  Big Grin

I'll be sure to let Mrs M know when I get back on Thursday. She'll probably want to ask your advice on what to buy though as you are clearly the resident fashion expert  Heh
[+] 3 users Like morini's post
Thread Closed