2019 Belgian GP

After watching a rerun of the race...clc should give Vettel all the praise he deserves for without him acting as rear gunner he would have lost that race.....I though it would have been the other way round at the start of the season but Charles is starting to look like the No1 driver of the red cars
[+] 5 users Like pennywise's post

Anyone read the Sky driver ratings

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...er-ratings

Load of old bollocks, as usual.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Having watched the race again not too much to add to what everyone else has mentioned. I will say I think we have seen the passing of the number one status at Ferrari from Vettel to LeClerc. Whilst Ferrari will not say as much or maybe even treat it as such it is crystal clear to me. I have stated all year long Leclerc will beat Vettel and I have seen nothing to change my mind.

I think Racing Point have made a terrible move signing Perez for 3 years, he is okay but nothing special and with the team in essence stuck with Stroll the demise of the team will continue and if they leave the Mercedes family it will be even more precipitous.

Great performance by Albon, I know I am in a smaller minority but I really rate this kid he has that "something" about him.

Sick for Lando Norris his best race ruined by awful luck.

Thrilled for Leclerc and indeed very happy for Ferrari in a season of misery they finally get the result they so desperately needed. They must be in pole position for Monza (if it stays dry) but lets see what after that!

EDIT: I would like to point out I posted this before reading Martin Brundles take on the race.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Spa-Francorchamps hopes that plans to change the run-off area and build gravel traps at Raidillon can be signed off at the end of this year, with the matter having received fresh attention following the fatal F2 crash last weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/spa-r...h/4530157/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

I think we speculated increased/changed run-off areas when MotoGP announced they would be going to Spa in the near future. This just adds to the justification of the proposed changes.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I have to say I agree with Kvyat, during the race I felt like Albon wasn't making the progress he should. The end result also looks a lot better because if retirements in front of him like Norris. On the day I felt like it was an OK drive, but not a drive by a top driver. Couldn't put my finger on why I thought it at the time, then I realised he was stuck behind Kvyat for 36 laps, and in a car set up for race day.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...rmRsO.html

Rookie year, first RedBull team race. I'm siding on a good race, and far too early tell if a top driver calibre.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Of course it's too early to tell Hesh, but Albon has just confirmed his first stint in the race was weak. So a solid performance, but not quite the stellar performance some were saying.