Villeneuve: “Honda-engines only last 3, 4 races"

(22-08-2019, 08:47 PM)JDF_AW Wrote:  According former F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve, the Honda engines last only a few races. The Canadian states the Japanese manufacturer is sacrificing the life of the power unit for better performance.

I actually think there is some truth in this. Honda don't really need to worry about the reliability side this year because they are introducing updates so regularly the units don't have to last as many races as the other teams. This is going to hurt the RBR drivers in the second half of the season, it's as simple as that. If Max were a contender for this years WDC (personally I don't believe he is, it's pure media hype) the penalties he is going to take will make it impossible.

We will see if JV is right next year. If Honda can produce similar performance to Ferrari and Mercedes *and* the engines will last 7 races then I will be impressed.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Messages In This Thread
Villeneuve: “Honda-engines only last 3, 4 races" - by JDF_AW - 22-08-2019, 08:47 PM
RE: Villeneuve: “Honda-engines only last 3, 4 races" - by Antilochos - 22-08-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: Villeneuve: “Honda-engines only last 3, 4 races" - by morini - 23-08-2019, 10:16 AM
RE: Villeneuve: “Honda-engines only last 3, 4 races" - by Jody Barton - 23-08-2019, 10:35 PM