What next for Sebastian Vettel?

Yeah Seb has been hard done by regardless of his performance`s, Ferrari has not handled this well at all.

I very rarely read any of the comments on sites these days......people are flat out spiteful and nasty these days, SkyF1 was bad at times but at least you/we also had a laugh....none of that anymore on these platforms, its all just personal attacks nowdays.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

For what it's worth....Bild reporting on the Vettel/Aston Martin rumours that both sides are negotiating and that an agreement "is expected".

Also according to "Bild", there is a compensation clause in Perez's contract that RP could use until July 31. According to the report, the contract between Perez and the team could be terminated earlier "for a high single-digit million amount"

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Motorsport.com

Sebastian Vettel is understood to be in discussions over a deal to join the Aston Martin Formula 1 team in 2021, sources have indicated.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...1/4835200/

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(14-07-2020, 08:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Motorsport.com

Sebastian Vettel is understood to be in discussions over a deal to join the Aston Martin Formula 1 team in 2021, sources have indicated.

I would honestly prefer to see Sebastian Vettel retire. I could understand him taking Lance Stroll's seat as he is not F1 calibre (like that is ever going to happen), but swapping Sergio Perez for Vettel makes absolutely no sense to me. Yes, Vettel is a 4x WDC and Perez has 0x WDC but Vettels heyday is in the very distant past and his stock has tumbled since that era.

If this does happen I will feel very sorry for Perez. Solid driver IMO and would give Vettel a stern test if RP did the sensible thing and got rid of Lance Stroll.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(14-07-2020, 10:01 PM)morini Wrote:  
(14-07-2020, 08:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Motorsport.com

I would honestly prefer to see Sebastian Vettel retire. I could understand him taking Lance Stroll's seat as he is not F1 calibre (like that is ever going to happen), but swapping Sergio Perez for Vettel makes absolutely no sense to me. Yes, Vettel is a 4x WDC and Perez has 0x WDC but Vettels heyday is in the very distant past and his stock has tumbled since that era.

If this does happen I will feel very sorry for Perez. Solid driver IMO and would give Vettel a stern test if RP did the sensible thing and got rid of Lance Stroll.

I don't see them kicking out Perez; he is a good driver and delivering points, been loyal to the team, brings in sponsership money and I do believe he has some ties directly with Stroll sr. himself.

I don't see them kicking out Stroll jr. obviously. But, the kid is not that bad but he ain't no superstar either. He is good and smart enough to know this himself by now (how many seasons is he in and did he had the change to at least beat his teammate?). So, could Stroll jr. decide, since he has reached his peak as a driver, to change his seat from the car to the pitwall? As a upcoming teammanager?

Stroll jr. out the car and on the wall. Vettel in the car. Perez stays put. 
I can see this scenario happen and go even further, thinking about it now, it would be a great move. Good drivers team and Stroll is out without loosing face.

(15-07-2020, 05:08 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I don't see them kicking out Perez; he is a good driver and delivering points, been loyal to the team, brings in sponsership money and I do believe he has some ties directly with Stroll sr. himself.

Well, if you believe what is being reported on the F1 sites it is already a done deal. Just waiting on Seb Vettel to agree and sign on the dotted line. Sergio in line for a huge pay off, but it is still a kick in the balls for him.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.

(15-07-2020, 07:21 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(15-07-2020, 05:08 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I don't see them kicking out Perez; he is a good driver and delivering points, been loyal to the team, brings in sponsership money and I do believe he has some ties directly with Stroll sr. himself.

Well, if you believe what is being reported on the F1 sites it is already a done deal. Just waiting on Seb Vettel to agree and sign on the dotted line. Sergio in line for a huge pay off, but it is still a kick in the balls for him.

No such thing as a watertight contract in F1. However, take it all with a large pinch of salt, I'll believe when I see it officially announced.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Who pays these "journalists" to come up with this awful stuff?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analy...n=widget-1

Tenuous, to say the least. This bloke is saying SV will have a better chance of getting into the works team if he races for Racing Point and Bottas or Hamilton vacate a Mercedes seat in the future. I think that is a load of old tosh myself. Mercedes have better way options than Sebastian Vettel if one of their seats become free.

Article says nothing about how poor (that is being polite) Vettels performance has been since 2014. I don't think he will ever get a works Mercedes drive and the RP situation is purely business. Stroll snr wants a WDC driving for his team, nothing more than that. It certainly isn't because SV is a better driver than Perez.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Mercedes top brass are apparently courting Norris and obviously Russell. I doubt Vettel gets a look in, and if say Lewis were to walk away from F1 every top driver on the grid would want his seat, and Vettel would be way down that list.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Anyone read this latest speculation on the F1 tabloid rag site?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/alphatauri...an-vettel/

If Ralf did actually say this I have to ask, did he think it through? What have RBR/Torro RossoAlpha Tauri got to gain from such an arrangement? I mean, it goes against their whole philosophy of bringing younger talent from lower formula (guys in their own driver development program) into a race seat with the junior team. I don't buy it myself, unless liberty are offering some sort of financial incentive to keep a 4x WDC on the grid?

A multiple WDC really shouldn't be struggling to find a seat in a top team. The fact is he just isn't as good as other non WDC options on the grid and the team bosses can see that. In any walk of life there comes a time when it becomes clear that it is time to call it a day. If he stays in the sport as a driver then wherever he goes it will be a backward step. Time to go.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post