2019 British GP

Likewise Paps

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Firstly sorry I've not really responeded much this weekend, I'm packing for Germany, we're off first thing Monday morning. Never write off Lewis in a race, his pace was damn good on the race stints. However, he's on the dirty side of the track, has Leclerc starting just behind him on the Softs on the clean side of the track and given the first few sequence of corners I expect him to come under immense pressure from Leclerc or Max... unless he gets one of those multiple WDC launches the likes of Senna, Schumacher and himself get, you know the ones where they do everything perfect and just react quicker to everyone else I think it's just in their blood. Either way, looking forward to this.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Great driving from both Merc drivers

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Anyone in chat?

Unbelievable racing from Max & CLC....absolutely fantastic stuff

Morini is getting value for money today!!!!

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Just a magnificent race, Silverstone does it so well every single race. Fantastic attendance, fantastic racing!

OMG Vettel again!!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

After Austria, to have a race like that is great. The two best races of the year by a country mile. Brilliant stuff. Was praising Seb for being able to drive round his cars issues then he goes and does that... I'm at a loss. Something isn't right with him, just feel this could be the end of his career.

Right I'm checking out for now, but I just have to say what I said in the chat, Lewis is supreme, fastest lap on the hards right at the end and superb race craft, in race trim he was the quickest driver today, sure there was the safety car, but he controlled once he got there. He is clearly the best driver we've got on the grid, but Max, Norris, Leclerc, Sainz and even Gasly gave us some great racing, they all did. But this is Lewis' era.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(14-07-2019, 02:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Unbelievable racing from Max & CLC....absolutely fantastic stuff

Morini is getting value for money today!!!!

Today watching Max & Charles fight was like watching the future.

We were thinking the same about Morini, what a race to pick to go to, EPIC.

#LetThemRace > So glad the abrasive racing wasn't punished today, fantastic racing, enjoying Ant at the SKY pad.

Johnny's interview with Lando…..   Laughing

Hard not to feel for Valtteri.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I said before the race that it was a crucial one for Bottas to win unless something bad or unlucky happened to him. Well I thought he drove extremely well and can count himself somewhat unlucky with the timing of the safety car. Whether he could/would have held Hamilton off is a debate that can go both ways.

Fantastic race weekend. I hope Liberty look at this race and the support it gets, the importance of the GP itself from a historical and situational standing.  Then I hope they look at the racing itself and realize that it is race circuits that always deliver the better races.  I am totally biased but the British GP is the best of them all for all the reasons I have mentioned above. 341,000 people over the meeting and 141,000 today... staggering.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(14-07-2019, 02:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Morini is getting value for money today!!!!

Tell me about it!! What a great weekend, couldn't have wished for a better time. Just got home, knackered, but stoked.
Gio caused the saftey car right in front of where I was sat. Didn't have the camera running that lap unfortunately Sad Then Vettel went up Maxies chuff right in front of me too. There was also some absolutely balsey racing round the outside of club (again, right in front of me). I can't wait to watch it on the TV, but I won't get chance until much later tonight as the females have the TV's tied up.

Glad I went. First time I've done a race 100% on my todd and it was a refreshing change to be able to do exacly what I wanted without having to worry about anyone else. Though it would be a but awkward and weird, but it wasn't, plenty of people to chat to in the stands. I did spend an hour on the Friday with family I have not seen for 14 years, that was a nice diversion.

Very happy to see Lewis make a bit of history. Say what you like, on the internet he has a lot of detractors, "in real life" the cheers at Silverstone tell a very different story. He is appreciated by a lot of people for what he has achieved, I know that for sure. Detractors make more noise on the internet, simple as that.

My take on Vettel - he's finished in F1 now IMO. I don't ever see him challenging the younger, faster guys. Time to call it a day, today was embarrasing.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post