2019 British GP

@the_lollipopman

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Max v Charles pit stop comparison slowmo & breakdown of times

https://twitter.com/i/status/1151808485669122054

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

More of a crowd sink than a crowd surf...must be the weight of all that bling Wink

https://twitter.com/i/status/1150446801230716928

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(18-07-2019, 05:25 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  More of a crowd sink than a crowd surf...must be the weight of all that bling Wink

https://twitter.com/i/status/1150446801230716928

Weirdly, I've just been watching the weekend Sky coverage recordings and the post-race program showed both of Lewis "crowd surfs" (yes, he did it twice) and I logged on to post about it. He asked to be put down (don't think he trusted the bunch of fat ba*starts trying to hold him up to be honest!) and was "pogo'ing" / singing / celebrating with the great unwashed. Genuine smile on his face too. Jenson Button, in pundit mode, pipes up with "I hope he's got some insurance". Lol Wink First thought went through my bonce was more like "I hope he's had his vaccinations"!!

Lewis has done this crowd interaction at previous British GP’s but I can't think I've seen any other formula 1 champs doing that kind of thing with their fans, ever. Nobody can say the bloke doesn't appreciate his supporters. Anyone seen Vettel doing similar?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Just watching the race pre-show from Sunday (can you tell I work away in the week?!!). Wathing Lando reversing a yellow McLaren road car into the gravel with Herbert in the passenger seat giggling. Classic TV Big Grin

He's a genuinely nice guy Lando. It would make an old man very happy if he gets some success in the sport.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Formula 1 reveals 2019 spectator figures. (Full story Motorsport)

The British GP topped both the Sunday and full weekend attendance figures as Formula 1 attracted its biggest ever spectator figures over a full season in 2019.

The F1 organisation on Thursday claimed a total attendance of 4,164,948, based on numbers provided by the race promoters – representing an increase of 1.75% over the previous season.

Both years featured 21 races, although the 2019 figures were impacted by the cancellation of Saturday activities in Japan due to a typhoon.

The British GP topped the weekend attendance numbers at 351,000, ahead of Mexico (345,694) and Australia (324,100). Eight other races logged more than 200,000 people, including Singapore, the USA, Belgium and Hungary.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(20-12-2019, 01:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Formula 1 reveals 2019 spectator figures.   (Full story Motorsport)

If LM is serious about improving attendance figures then they should reduce the gate prices by "a lot". F1 events are now stupidly expensive to attend and most people will think long and hard about dumping that sort of cash on a F1 weekend.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Race replay half way through on SSF1.

Got to be better than the FE crap Hesh just posted about Big Grin