2019 Canadian GP

Lewis, Sebastian Charles.

Another case of classic Kimi Raikkonen in Canada.

Kimi Raikkonen was true to form back in the paddock after being knocked out of Q1 ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix.
Raikkonen has been comfortably out of the top 10 since FP1 on Friday and faces a tough afternoon from toward the back of the grid with the likes of Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll for early company.

It was the Finn’s first Q1 elimination since Austria 2015 and he was not really in the mood with reporters to hang about and discuss it.

Exhibit A:

Q: “Kimi, is the lack of pace a hangover from the last few races?”

Kimi: “I wish I had a hangover.”

Exhibit B:

Q: “How did you feel about the lap times out there?”

Kimi: “I’ve no idea with the lap times.”

Q: “What do you think needs to be improved on the car?”

Kimi: “It seems to be lacking in lap times.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-06-2019, 04:58 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Lewis, Bottas, way ahead, of, erm...Max... Severe tyre wear for Ferrari, and most the field.

Surprised at that Hesh, sadly I have seen very little except P2 and highlights of qualifying. Is it a case of Ferrari being talked up to create excitement or is it that bad of an outlook for them?

(09-06-2019, 04:58 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Severe tyre wear for Ferrari, and most the field.

I don't think that will transpire. Based on what we witnessed yesterday with the softs being good for (at least) 4 flying laps I think the mediums will last easily long enough.

1. Lewis
2. Sebastian
3. Charles

I hope Dan Ricc has a good race as it's been a grim start to 2019 for him. At the very least i expect him to make it difficult for his last year team mate to get past. Hope the McLaren boys do well tonight.

(09-06-2019, 05:06 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Another case of classic Kimi Raikkonen in Canada.

Lol Big Grin

I hope the laid back f*cker pulls his finger out and makes some places up today. Otherwise my DT is going to be completely hopeless.

(09-06-2019, 05:14 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(09-06-2019, 04:58 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Lewis, Bottas, way ahead, of, erm...Max... Severe tyre wear for Ferrari, and most the field.

Surprised at that Hesh, sadly I have seen very little except P2 and highlights of qualifying. Is it a case of Ferrari being talked up to create excitement or is it that bad of an outlook for them?

tbh, same Neil, I just didnt want to write Ferrari collapse, be it strategy or driver error, lol

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Lewis
Seb
Charles
Max
Bottas
Ricciardo
Gasly
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Few technical issues for Lewis though. Not ideal bleeding the brakes on the grid!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(09-06-2019, 06:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Lewis
Seb
Charles
Max
Bottas

Ricciardo
Gasly

If that happens it is season over for Valterri in terms of WDC. Personally I think VB wil finish agead of Max.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Brake bleeds are quite common. As long as it's not a full hydraulic drain he'll be fine.

Morini I think Bottas might struggle. I have a feeling Max is starting 2 places behind and can start on the Hard, then switch to the Softs for the end that could be trouble for Bottas. Max's race pace during FP2 was awesome.

This is looking very serious for Hamilton