2019 Monaco GP
Tongue 

(28-05-2019, 10:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(28-05-2019, 09:04 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Having re watched the race again today 

Eh....you watched that twice??....jeez  Tongue

Okay so I am into Sadomasochism!!!!

I always watch the races 2/3 times see what I missed. Things like Leclerc hitting Norris on the first lap at Grand Hotel Hairpin that totally escaped comment.

But I also got to see my hero win another race!!!  [Image: tongue.png][Image: biggrin.png][Image: wink.png]
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

So I've just seen an analysis of Lewis' tyres and with 20 laps to go he had zero "tread" left on his front left and 6% on his front right. His rears were 11%. By the end of the race the rears hand 1% tread and both fronts zero. He was driving on the binding rubber and adhesive. There's no way he should have been able to bring that car home, but more importantly it shows Monaco isn't a race, at any other track he'd have been screwed.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Well I guess that answers the critics who said he was exaggerating. I am surprised based on that he never picked up a puncture, he is one lucky boy!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri has issued a public apology to Charles Leclerc after his Monaco Grand Prix was compromised by the team's ruinous qualifying strategy.

Leclerc was eliminated in Q1 at his home race after Ferrari kept him in the garage while times tumbled.

After the race, Leclerc labelled his weekend a "disaster" and said he would seek answers from the team for the qualifying mix-up.

Camilleri said: "We sincerely apologise to him.

Charles Leclerc
Leclerc receives Monaco apology from Ferrari

Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri has issued a public apology to Charles Leclerc after his Monaco Grand Prix was compromised by the team's ruinous qualifying strategy. Leclerc was eliminated in Q1 at his home race after Ferrari kept him in the garage while times tumbled.

Leclerc started the race 15th on the grid, with few chances to overtake around Monte Carlo's narrow streets.
Article continues under video

The Monegasque took an all-or-nothing approach to making up places, pulling off nice overtakes on Lando Norris and Romain Grosjean.

Having mugged the Haas man into La Rascasse, he tried a similar move on Nico Hulkenberg soon after, but clipped the barrier and punctured his right-rear tyre, with a subsequent three-wheeled tour of the track causing significant floor damage and his retirement after just 18 laps.

After the race, Leclerc labelled his weekend a "disaster" and said he would seek answers from the team for the qualifying mix-up.
Camilleri said: "We sincerely apologise to him.

"The bottom line is that this type of incident cannot happen again. Unfortunately these are things that can happen, as long as they do not happen again.

"It was a mistake on the part of the team and we understood it. Now we have to forget what happened and do everything we can to close the gap on Mercedes."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I always find these videos interesting and wish all the teams did them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPX7car-XL8
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

The public apology to Leclerc is a big deal, Ferrari don't do that normally, so clearly they are worried about him leaving the team, it's not an idle threat, or if it is it's been played so well Ferrari are taking it very seriously. I think coming on the back of Vettel's shock revelations that he wants out of F1 or Ferrari sooner rather than later Leclerc's tantrum has them worried. They know all is not well in the team, but the one thing they thought they had was their drivers sorted, a really good pairing tbh. I think the top brass will act pretty rapidly to sort out the issues at the top of the team.

NeilP I think that pitwall by Vowles confirms the tyre analysis I saw about Lewis' tyres being shot was spot on. 20 laps running on binding rubber and adhesive. Impressive.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(31-05-2019, 10:42 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The public apology to Leclerc is a big deal, Ferrari don't do that normally, so clearly they are worried about him leaving the team, it's not an idle threat, or if it is it's been played so well Ferrari are taking it very seriously. I think coming on the back of Vettel's shock revelations that he wants out of F1 or Ferrari sooner rather than later Leclerc's tantrum has them worried. They know all is not well in the team, but the one thing they thought they had was their drivers sorted, a really good pairing tbh. I think the top brass will act pretty rapidly to sort out the issues at the top of the team.

NeilP I think that pitwall by Vowles confirms the tyre analysis I saw about Lewis' tyres being shot was spot on. 20 laps running on binding rubber and adhesive. Impressive.

Do you believe Leclerc will leave Ferrari? 
I don't see him at Mercedes, maybe a switch with Verstappen at Red Bull, but even then I think Leclerc would stay at Ferrari.

He is not happy, of course not, but leaving the top team is something else.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

but leaving the top team is something else.

Good on you Anti, I know you did that for the benefit of Forza, make him feel good, he needs a lift for sure, well spotted!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(31-05-2019, 04:21 PM)NeilP Wrote:  but leaving the top team is something else.

Good on you Anti, I know you did that for the benefit of Forza, make him feel good, he needs a lift for sure, well spotted!

I mean, it must be hard on Forza lately, even without the possibility of Hamilton going red.
He needs all the support we can give him.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

Anti, it doesn't matter whether or not I believe Leclerc would leave Ferrari or not, it matters what the top brass at Ferrari think, and I'd say this apology means that they are worried at least. Do I think Leclerc will leave? No. Do I think he's incredibly unhappy right now? Yes. Ferrari need to give him the parity Arrivabene promised him, and stop with this number 1 and number 2 BS. It doesn't work. Let the drivers work out who is number 1 and number 2. I would however caution that RBR and Mercedes would absolutely be interested in Leclerc's signature, who wouldn't be? And Ferrari aren't the only show in town, and right now they're a bit of s shambles if we're honest. However, Ferrari can put things right and mend that relationship, they need too, because right now going forward both Mercedes and RBR look like better options for success.