2019 Monaco GP

Joke or not Forza the point is still well made, Lewis is a drama queen. I thought Max did well not to lose his shit today stuck behind Lewis, also having seen the point at which RBR released Max from their perspective they actually couldn't see Bottas, so maybe in hindsight the penalty was a tad harsh. Still I guess it was unsafe, but for me I'm thinking the fact it was only a 5 second penalty means the stewards thought it was harsh too. Also looking at that Perez video where was the pit exit Marshall with his double waved yellows?

Just checked again there were held yellow flags which means stop... and lots of waved double yellows before the Marshalls on the track, he just planted his boot. If I were the Marshalls representative I'd be wanting a word with race control about that.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(26-05-2019, 06:42 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  (Sorry for the delay...was watching the bike racing)...my "Lewis its James" comment was a joke, you guys need to calm your jets & lighten up when others say anything other than praise for Lewis....Yes Lewis done well to bring the car home on those tyres and thankfully for you LH fans Merc ignored his cries for help....should they have listened we would have seen a very different result today.

Just seen this online    https://streamable.com/glna8

ps I voted for Max today

Well, I've been out to bash the family gin bottle for a little while.

I wasn't getting tetchy about your James Vowles post (by the way), I'm 100% ambivalent if folks criticise the guy even after a stellar, professional display like today. The race itself was the usual noneventful fare (expected, to be honest). I was really hoping for proper rain to liven it up. But at least there was some element of jeopardy and suspense what with the poor strategy decision from Mercedes. 

You probably didn't listen to Lewis post-race interviews? Basically, there was no way he'd have come in for fresh tyres even if asked. The guy lost a win from exactly that strategy to Rosberg. Today it was basically crash or win. I'm happy for him and the team, a very fitting, fighting race win to honour their departed non exec chairman. Three Monaco wins now, he can hold his head up high. I reckon Rosberg having three always rankled and today righted that to an extent.

Interesting you voted for Max for DOTD. Any reason behind that one? I think I can guess, but there was only one deserving winner of that plaudit this afternoon (and it wasn't Max IMO).
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(26-05-2019, 06:31 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Max Verstappen has been given two penalty points for causing a collision with Valtteri Bottas following his unsafe release from the pits in Monaco.

Sorry, I don't think that is fair at all. It was a team error, not a driver error. He just goes when the green light comes on.

People aren't going to vote for Lewis Morini, he's a defacto 6 time WDC, he's going to probably cruise to this 6th WDC comfortably, and I get why people who aren't his fans are bored with that. I'm bored of it to be honest. I just wish both Ferrari and RBR had cars that could challenge Mercedes, because right now they don't. Binotto has admitted that it's pretty much too late to change their aero concept for this season, but they're in the process of assessing it for next season... confirmation I think that Ferrari have already written 2019 off after 6 races. That's grim. After next race we'll be a third of the way through the season, so you can see hus thinking, but it is still super grim.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

I disagree Jody, had that been a lesser known driver it would have been a much harsher penalty. As you yourself said "I guess it was unsafe" The circumstances in which a driver is released is irrelevant its either unsafe or its not. The fact he hit Bottas makes the penalty even more of a joke. If that had of been any other team hitting a Red Bull car Horner would have lost his mind!

As it was Wolff seemed okay with it which defies logic to me but we all have different viewpoints and different understandings of the rules. I thought Verstappens lunge was pathetic and so were efforts to defend his move. He was nowhere near getting past Hamilton and caused a collision which usually results in a penalty.

Too much rules inconsistency in my opinion, the unsafe release along with many other penalties should have a standard penalty regardless.

EDIT: Now he gets two points on his license, further evidence to me the penalty was not harsh enough.

(26-05-2019, 07:15 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  People aren't going to vote for Lewis Morini, he's a defacto 6 time WDC, he's going to probably cruise to this 6th WDC comfortably, and I get why people who aren't his fans are bored with that. I'm bored of it to be honest. I just wish both Ferrari and RBR had cars that could challenge Mercedes, because right now they don't. Binotto has admitted that it's pretty much too late to change their aero concept for this season, but they're in the process of assessing it for next season... confirmation I think that Ferrari have already written 2019 off after 6 races. That's grim. After next race we'll be a third of the way through the season, so you can see hus thinking, but it is still super grim.

All true.

But trying to be purely objective, I can't see why Max Verstappen was voted DOTD today? Not least because that penultimate lap lunge was never going to come off and was (IMO) pretty ill advised and badly judged. It's not as if he could have won the race if he did get that move done, after all.

My question was aimed at Forz. Why does Max deserve DOTD over Lewis today in your eyes Forza?

(26-05-2019, 07:17 PM)NeilP Wrote:  EDIT: Now he gets two points on his license, further evidence to me the penalty was not harsh enough.

As I said before, I don't agree with this. It was a team mistake, Max is innocent on that one.

(26-05-2019, 07:32 PM)morini Wrote:  
(26-05-2019, 07:17 PM)NeilP Wrote:  EDIT: Now he gets two points on his license, further evidence to me the penalty was not harsh enough.

As I said before, I don't agree with this. It was a team mistake, Max is innocent on that one.

Its harsh on the driver for sure but the rules are crystal clear.

(26-05-2019, 07:49 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Its harsh on the driver for sure but the rules are crystal clear.

So, the rules are wrong on this one.

(26-05-2019, 07:30 PM)morini Wrote:  My question was aimed at Forz. Why does Max deserve DOTD over Lewis today in your eyes Forza?

I have voted Lewis many times before.....even if I dont like the guy I will still vote for him if I think on the day he was the better man, yes Lewis got the job done today and if Im honest todays vote was down to Max keeping things interesting in what is usually the dullest of races...there was very little between the 2 when it came to me voting.
(I may be an asshole at times where LH is concerned but wouldnt let my bias overrule what I think of anyone in life or sport)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post