Ferrari

Mattia Binotto has left Abu Dhabi and is returning to Italy after becoming unwell, Laurent Mekies will takeover Harry Potters duties for the final race of this season.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ferrari announces that Mr. Louis Camilleri communicated today to the Company his decision, for personal reasons, to retire with immediate effect from his role as the Company’s Chief Executive Officer and as member of the Board of Directors.

Ferrari’s Executive Chairman, John Elkann, acknowledging with regret Mr. Camilleri’s decision, announced he will act as interim Chief Executive Officer while the Ferrari Board of Directors will manage the ongoing process of identifying Mr. Camilleri’s successor.

Commenting on Mr. Camilleri’s retirement, John Elkann said: “I would like to express our most sincere thanks to Louis for his unstinting dedication as our Chief Executive Officer since 2018 and as member of our Board of Directors since 2015. His passion for Ferrari has been limitless and under his leadership the Company has further affirmed its position as one of the world’s greatest companies, capitalising on its truly unique heritage and unerring quest for excellence. We wish him and his family a long and happy retirement.”

*Louis had been in hospital recently (covid) but last I read he had recovered and returned home to his family in NYC.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Being a skeptical ol`git, part of me ponders did that Harry Potter looking motherf*cker Mattia Binnoto pull a sickie so he didnt have to look each of the race team in the eye and deliver the customary end of race year speech yesterday evening?.... I mean what exactly do you say to the race staff of the oldest and most successful team in F1 when you have just overseen the worst season in four decades?

And another thing....the sooner we have a strong leader (whoever that may be) cracking the whip the better, personally I think we need a "car guy" back in charge at the very top like we had in Marchionne and Montezemelo before him, both strong and ruthless...even if they were absolutely nothing alike in other areas. 

This season has been an utter shambles for us no matter which angle you look from, the only one small glimmer of light I can take from this year has been the signing of Carlos Sainz. 

I wonder what `il Commendatore` would have thought of his teams performance.....and who would have been first to suffer his infamous wrath?

I like the new drivers line up for next year, I really wonder who of those two kids is the best driver.

What makes me sad, is that Ferrari team is still such a shithole. Are there even any rumours of a new leadership?
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(15-12-2020, 12:10 AM)Antilochos Wrote:   Are there even any rumours of a new leadership?

For the moment John Elkann will stand in even though he has a lot on his plate right now as he becomes chairman of Stellantis at the start of next year following the merger of Fiat Chrysler & PSA.....he also remains as CEO of Exon who controls 36% voting rights within Ferrari.

There has been only rumours of candidates so far which include bigwigs from Apple & Vodafone......there was even rumours of a return for Domenicali (even though he takes up his position as F1 CEO replacing Chase Carey on Jan 1st)

Proper shitshow!

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

For the F1 Team I think they need; A) A car guy and B) A racing car guy preferably with F1 experience.

The driver line up for next season is very strong. Hard for me to choose which is the better line up McLaren or Ferrari, I think Ferrari just shade it. As much as I tease Forza its not the same without Ferrari challenging for race wins and championships. I never took to Binotto and would not be shocked to see him move on. I liked Arrivabene a no shit guy. I do not know his qualifications but in general he was a decent team leader for me.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I too liked Arrivabene, he was a straight shooter and a good team leader imo.....something I cant say about that other numpty Binotto, I think he should be returned to the engine department full time.
Im looking forward to see just how quick Sainz can settle in and start pushing CLC, I honestly think he will be giving Charlie a lot of headaches though if the red cars continue to run around fighting outside the top ten it will all be for nothing.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Ferrari have confirmed seven drivers will test the 2018 SF71H car at Fiorano next week... Sainz, Leclerc, Shwartzman, Armstrong, Alesi, Ilott and Schumacher

(23-01-2021, 03:30 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari have confirmed seven drivers will test the 2018 SF71H car at Fiorano next week... Sainz, Leclerc, Shwartzman, Armstrong, Alesi, Ilott and Schumacher

Errr.., obvious question, why?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(23-01-2021, 11:38 PM)morini Wrote:  Errr.., obvious question, why?

Obvious answer....Err, because we can  Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post