General Driver Discussion

Camilleri also said they met at "social events" and "this has been blown out of all proportion, we bumped into each other and had a chat, thats it "

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-12-2019, 02:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Camilleri also said they met at "social events" and "this has been blown out of all proportion, we bumped into each other and had a chat, thats it "

Ahh ok, slow news day then.

Relieved, much?  Laughing

Edit, found it bud, Camilleri said of Hamilton's meeting with Elkann: "Obviously, it was a social event, which has sort of been blown somewhat out of proportion, but it was a social event. They have some common friends."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Jordan: 2021 ‘right time’ for Hamilton and Wolff to Ferrari.

Former F1 team owner turned pundit Eddie Jordan believes Lewis Hamilton will move to Ferrari for 2021, and take Toto Wolff with him.

Hamilton has confirmed that the future of current Mercedes boss Toto Wolff will play a large part in whether he stays with the Silver Arrows or not after his current contract expires next year, but Jordan has added a new layer to the rumours by suggesting Wolff could join the red brand alongside his star driver.

“It would be the right time for Lewis to go to Ferrari [in 2021],” Jordan told British TV series Top Gear.

“I’m absolutely certain that in 2021, Lewis Hamilton will move to Ferrari. Toto goes with him, because as I said, Lewis won’t leave himself exposed, and it will be his way of bringing an equaliser.

“Do Ferrari need two number ones? No, but they won’t let go of Leclerc.

“It would be a huge feather in Leclerc’s cap to potentially beat Hamilton in the same car. He has the potential to be a great.”

If all this was to happen, then that would leave Sebastian Vettel without a spot at Ferrari for 2021, and Jordan feels he will either “retire” or join Mercedes, because a Red Bull reunion would see him get “creamed” by Max Verstappen.

“Vettel will retire at the end of 2020. He can’t go back to Red Bull because he’d get creamed by Max Verstappen,” he said.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Laughing Shutup Bomb

Verstappen says he is impressed with the job that Hamilton has done to take six world championship titles, but is equally well aware of how good the Mercedes car has been.
He believes that almost two-thirds of the grid would have been champion if they were lucky enough to be in Mercedes.
"That's because it's purely down to the car. Sixty percent of the grid, if they are in a Mercedes, they also would become world champion," he said.
He added: "I also have the confidence to say that if I would have been in that car, it also would have happened like that.
"But he [Hamilton] is certainly very good, absolutely, and he also belongs to the top Formula 1 drivers of all time. But what I wanted to point out was that the car is so dominant that, like I said, sixty percent of the grid [can win in it]."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Haha this is almost word for word what Lewis used to say about Sebastian at Red Bull, F1 drivers & ego's lol. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(16-12-2019, 06:51 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Haha this is almost word for word what Lewis used to say about Sebastian at Red Bull, F1 drivers & ego's lol.  Wink

I don't actually recollect Lewis ever saying that Paps. He did regularly point out that the RBR had significantly more downforce than any other car on the grid, but that was factual so fair play. The difference to what Max Verstappen is (allegedly) saying here is that just about any driver could win a WDC in the Mercedes. Well, that is a matter of opinion (more likely not IMO) but certainly not if Lewis Hamilton is in the other Mercedes!! Besides, I'm convinced Hamilton would have won the last 3 even if he was in the Ferrari. He has been that much better than anyone else on the grid.

I think some of this may be media shit stirring but if Max is saying stuff like this then he comes across as all mouth and no trousers. I might listen to him a bit more when his results improve. He's never been stellar in quali to be fair. And don't forget that Red Bull team is built around him just as it was built around Vettel back in the day. You can't say that about Hamilton, he is happy to compete on a level playing field with whoever his teammate is.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(16-12-2019, 08:29 PM)morini Wrote:  
(16-12-2019, 06:51 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Haha this is almost word for word what Lewis used to say about Sebastian at Red Bull, F1 drivers & ego's lol.  Wink

I don't actually recollect Lewis ever saying that Paps. He did regularly point out that the RBR had significantly more downforce than any other car on the grid,

I'm convinced Hamilton would have won the last 3 even if he was in the Ferrari. He has been that much better than anyone else on the grid.

I think some of this may be media shit stirring 

Ok then not word for word...…. but similar, my real point was "F1 drivers & ego's"  

Yup I have argued the same with my mates, with Sebastian in the Mercedes & Lewis in a Ferrari I would put my money on Lewis winning.

Obviously mate but with the season over there is feck all else to talk about.

Personally I don't mind their ego's, lets face it they all have to think they are the best to win, same as any top sportsman/women, does make me smile in F1 though, at their worst they "all" can seem child like & petulant, at their best I'm in awe of their skills.

I see social media is on fire with outrage that Mr Hamilton was not included in the honours list yet again this year, are you guys as devastated as I am? Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I am never outraged about Honours lists because they are somewhat subjective and from a Political point of view they are a joke. That said if he is not on the Honours list for all his accomplishments you have to ask why are so many others. I mean does Jill Scott mean more to sports in the UK than Lewis Hamilton? I think not.

His Honour an MBE is lowest of all the awards and when you see the people in sport getting CBE and OBE who have not achieve anything like what he has you have to question it.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(28-12-2019, 01:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I see social media is on fire with outrage that Mr Hamilton was not included in the honours list yet again this year, are you guys as devastated as I am? Wink
(28-12-2019, 05:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  His Honour an MBE is lowest of all the awards and when you see the people in sport getting CBE and OBE who have not achieve  anything like what he has you have to question it.

Probably afraid what he would be wearing when at the palace, don't want to embarrass the Queen & all that..  Wink

Gags just told me Sir Jackie only got knighted in 2001, so be a while yet, before he may be knighted, he'll probably be wearing red by then.... Tongue  Laughing