General Driver Discussion

Yup I like them, mind you I liked the massive wheels from days gone by.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I totally get where Bono Lewis is coming from regarding eating meat, but fecking nora is there anyone on the planet that jets around the globe as much as this man does?....wtf does he think comes out of not only those jet engines but his f1 car`s exhaust & all his motorbikes/private cars, all those transport planes used to transport all the teams cars/garages/equipment, not to mention the generators & lorries used.....fuck right off Lewis & come back to preach when you are actually making a difference.....and I dont mean by just eating hedge cuttings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well the irony meter is in the red zone, granted. But, theres not really much the bloke can do about his job in farness. You can't really have a higher carbon footprint job than working in the F1 circus!

Not sure I can see cutting out meat to reduce cow farts making enough difference to balance the books in Lewis case TBH. Besides if humans weren't meant to eat meat it wouldn't taste so good Wink

Didn't know you were a tree hugger Forza? I know you said you are carless at the moment, are you on the lookout for a nice Renault Zoe?

Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(15-10-2019, 07:54 PM)morini Wrote:   are you on the lookout for a nice Renault Zoe?

Did they make one?  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

The "nice" was surplus to requirements!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(15-10-2019, 08:04 PM)morini Wrote:  The "nice" was surplus to requirements!

lol, I`ll go with thanks but no thanks on the Zoe

Jenson lighting the touch paper with these comments lol

2009 Formula 1 World Champion Jenson Button believes Max Verstappen is the quickest driver to ever get behind the wheel of an F1 car.

Button made the claim during a TalkSport radio show, where he is promoting his latest book, 'How to be an F1 driver'.

Button began by discussing his former McLaren team-mate's achievements, with Lewis Hamilton closing on a sixth title, which would put him just one shy of Michael Schumacher's all-time record of seven.

The fellow British driver applauded Hamilton's ability, but doesn't believe he can be compared to other F1 icons from the past.

"He’s very good," said Button. "We were team-mates for three years so I could see first hand how good he is. His natural ability is fantastic.

"I have loved watching F1 this year because Ferrari and Red Bull have had chances to win races and it’s been awesome to watch, but over a season the Mercedes team has been so dominant.

"He’s done a fantastic job as a driver, he’s done what’s been asked of him, but you can’t compare him to drivers of a different era. It was a different sport, even, back then."

Asked who the best driver is, Button went one further and said who he believes is the quickest driver to ever grace an F1 car.

"Verstappen. I think he is the fastest driver that has ever driven an F1 car, I really do," he said of the Red Bull driver who has claimed seven race wins and 28 podium finishes.

"I think he is unbelievably fast," added Button. "Previously to this year he made some mistakes, as you would expect from a young driver, but now he’s doing such a fantastic job. I really do think he is very special."

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Last year it was "Lewis is the fastest guy ever to sit in a F1 car" do you think Nico & Jenson are learning off Eddie Ervine & JV?   Rolleyes

Still bet Max agrees Hehe, so want Max & Lewis in the same car...2021?  Cool

Lewis seems to be pouring water on a Ferrari move, much to Forza's relief  Laughing

Also in support of Lewis he has sold his private jet!  Shutup

BUT if he thinks I'm going vegan he can **** OFF  Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(18-10-2019, 02:28 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lewis seems to be pouring water on a Ferrari move, much to Forza's relief  Laughing

...but a (very) small part of me was looking forward to seeing some of our colleagues on here having to sing the praises of/cheer for the Italiancheatingbastards red team  Tongue

Glad to see Lewis in a better frame of mind this week

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(18-10-2019, 02:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Glad to see Lewis in a better frame of mind this week

Must have been that flap jack I sent him, never fails to put you in a happy mood...… or asleep lol  Laughing

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post