General Driver Discussion

(16-02-2019, 03:50 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Seb, like Hamilton is able to find more from a car when it's running on fumes than most.

I read this earlier in the day and didn't comment straight away as I wanted to ponder on it for a while. Actually, I could have probably responded straight away because after some consideration my view on this hasn't really changed at all. I can't think of a single occasion where (I’ve thought) Vettel has delivered more than the cars capability. Don't misrepresent what I'm trying to say, he's done some very good qualy laps (particularly in the RBR massive downforce advantage era), but I can't think of any Q3 sessions where I've thought "Jesus H tapdancing Christ, that was more than the car had in it". I can recall quite a few times I've thought Hamilton has gone beyond the cars capability and left everyone thinking “what the f*ck?”.

My 2p's worth, talking about Seb Vettel and Hamilton in qualy trim is comparing apples and oranges. They just aren't in the same universe. It is one of the key differentiators between them. Besides sublime race craft, of course ?

Sergey Sirotkin has joined Renault as their reserve driver, the Russian will provide back-up to Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg, with Sirotkin rejoining the team after serving a similar role in 2017.

“I am very pleased to rejoin my friends at Renault F1 Team and return to Formula 1," said Sirotkin. "We are well acquainted with the team, I spent the whole of 2017 in their factory and in the garage.

"It will be interesting to learn how far Renault has advanced in the development of the car over the past year; last season we were rivals and I could not see the work from the inside. I am pleased to join the team as Third & Reserve Driver and work alongside Nico Hülkenberg and Daniel Ricciardo.”

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Bwoah, if you want it done right do it yourself....mwoah I never had to do this at Ferrari

https://twitter.com/i/status/1101143023151394817

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-02-2019, 06:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Bwoah, if you want it done right do it yourself....mwoah I never had to do this at Ferrari

https://twitter.com/i/status/1101143023151394817

Did we pass into a parallel universe? When have you ever seen this since the real men of generations gone...
Brilliant.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Classic Kimi @ Melbourne season launch

https://twitter.com/i/status/1105750146829205504

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Everyone is going to miss Kimi when he hangs up his gloves. Best character in F1 by a long way.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(13-03-2019, 12:18 PM)morini Wrote:  Everyone is going to miss Kimi when he hangs up his gloves. Best character in F1 by a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBMRsY_UI4E   (Video 35s)

Old one but still as funny.     Shutup   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Kimi Raikkonen has defended his party lifestyle by saying that it has made him a better driver being able to do what he wants.

‘The Iceman’ is known to enjoy a drink or two when he is not racing, most recently at the FIA Prize Giving Gala at the end of last season. Great times.

Raikkonen is well aware of the jokes that follow but, by being able to unwind off track makes him more focused on it.

“Obviously it’s been a joke often,” the Finn explained to F1’s official Beyond the Grid podcast.

“But I actually think it’s more true than a joke that I’ve often been driving better [after] doing whatever I want between the races than if I’m just not having fun and drinks and stuff.

“There’s too many proven theories… that it might work better after you’ve had a bit more fun.

“That whole summer was more or less racing and partying. It’s nothing new – for me it’s normal. Outside it might look a bit weird, but for me, in the past, it was a very normal story.

“I always thought that [it makes you] more relaxed and you need to put more effort and concentration in [on track] because you’re a bit unsure. And then the end result comes better.”

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-03-2019, 12:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Old one but still as funny.     Shutup   Laughing

Oz last year, doesnt need to say a word to be the star of this clip...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1105904861130809344

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Former Toyota LMP1 driver Anthony Davidson says he is looking at a broad range of series for his future as he considers forging a career away from the FIA World Endurance Championship.

Davidson, 40, has been a mainstay of the WEC since 2013, winning the title in 2014 alongside Toyota teammate Sebastien Buemi, and coming painfully close to winning the Le Mans 24 Hours with Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima in 2016.

The ex-Super Aguri Formula 1 racer had his place in the Toyota line-up taken by Fernando Alonso for the 2018/19 superseason, although he was retained as a reserve driver and returned to racing with the DragonSpeed LMP2 team from last year's Silverstone race onwards.

Davidson says he has no commitments for the 2019/20 WEC season yet and is investigating opportunities in other categories, including the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, Japan's Super GT series and even Formula E.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post