Guanyu Zhou to Alfa Romeo for 2022

First Chinese driver in F1. I wish him well.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...r8ky6.html
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(16-11-2021, 10:30 AM)morini Wrote:  First Chinese driver in F1. I wish him well.

Same, its not going to be easy as its not for any rookie.

He will certainly find out what one lap pace is in Formula 1.

Chinese GP will be special for the lad.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Giovinazzi never looked like an F1 driver to me but I doubt many would in that Alfa. Its all about 2022 for them has been all year long.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(16-11-2021, 04:25 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Giovinazzi never looked like an F1 driver to me but I doubt many would in that Alfa. Its all about 2022 for them has been all year long.

A fantastic sim driver though....would love to see him back at Ferrari in that position.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(16-11-2021, 09:00 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  A fantastic sim driver though....would love to see him back at Ferrari in that position.

Maybe that is in his destiny? Given that there's no race seats available.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Well Formula 1 are supposed to be launching a F1 simulation World Championship stands a good chance it is something both Gio and Ferrari can actually win!!!

Better check their computers are not overclocked first!!!!
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

Zhou Guanyu has confirmed he is staying with Alfa Romeo for a second season in 2023.

The Chinese rookie had been fully expected to remain at the Swiss-based team following an encouraging start to his F1 career.

In an interview with Sky F1, it was put to Zhou he had some good news to share and he said: “Yeah, exactly. Next year I will be staying with the team for another year and it’s amazing, of course, to have that so early in the year.

“I think the team are very satisfied with everything I was able to do and I’m happy with the job I was able to prove so far this season. Looking forward to having many more to come together.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post