Legends of F1

A FERRARI driven by former F1 star Michael Schumacher is set go under the hammer for £6.1million.

The Ferrari F2002 was driven by the seven-time world champion during his victories in the Italian, Austrian and French GPs during the 2002 season.

Schumacher was also behind the wheel of the iconic red racer when he took out his fifth World Drivers Championship title, with six races remaining in the season.

The impressive achievement still remains the shortest time in which a F1 driver has clinched the title.

Following its on-track success, the F2002 was used as a test car for the remainder of the 2002 season before being retired the following year.

Considered one of the most significant Formula 1 cars in history, the F2002 is estimated to sell for a staggering £6.1million.

Funds from the sale will also be donated to the Keep Fighting Foundation, a non-profit foundation formed by his family.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-10-2019, 06:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  A FERRARI driven by former F1 star Michael Schumacher is set go under the hammer for £6.1million.

Forza is sweeping the spot in his garage as we speak!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(08-10-2019, 06:27 PM)morini Wrote:  Forza is sweeping the spot in his garage as we speak!

I could probably gather up £50 for a deposit  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hamilton/Rossi F1 and MotoGP ride swap locked in for December. (Full story at Autosport)

Lewis Hamilton and Valentino Rossi will swap their Mercedes Formula 1 car and Yamaha MotoGP bike machinery on December 9 at Valencia, Autosport has learned.

The idea has been in the works for several years, with Monster Energy - a major backer of both the Yamaha MotoGP team and Mercedes Formula 1 outfit - pushing to get Hamilton on a GP-spec M1 and Rossi in Hamilton's F1 car.

Barring any last-minute personal schedule changes, the sensational swap will now finally go ahead at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit in Valencia a week after the F1 season closes out in Abu Dhabi.

The swap will be Hamilton's first time on a MotoGP bike, although he has done plenty of private track miles on two-wheels.

Late last year he even spent a day at Jerez on a Yamaha R1 M Superbike, with help from factory World Superbike riders Michael van der Mark and Alex Lowes.

Hamilton impressed the Crescent-run WSBK outfit on his showing, even despite a small crash.

Rossi, on the other hand, has significant F1 experience.

The seven-times MotoGP champion tested for Ferrari a number of times in the past, firstly at Ferrari's Fiorano test track in 2004.

He made his public F1 debut with Ferrari at the pre-'06 test in Valencia, impressing seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher at the time, as rumours of a switch to four wheels by Rossi was seriously considered.

He was approached to replace the injured Felipe Massa at the '09 Italian Grand Prix, but ultimately turned down the offer as he'd have no track time prior to the event and was still fighting for that year's MotoGP title.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/the-ayrton...-in-video/

The Ayrton Senna fan festival in video. (Ten short videos)

AYRTON SENNA TRIBUTE rolled into the streets of Sao Paulo on Saturday, and it didn’t disappoint.

Mercedes and Renault were on-hand to provide some modern flair, while 1972 and 74 World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi and fellow Brazilian Felipe Massa got the chance to drive some of Senna’s historic cars.

It was a fitting tribute as the world of motorsport celebrates Senna’s legacy 25 years on from his tragic death, and here was the pick of the action…

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

On this day 25 years ago Michael won his first F1 title #keepfightingmichael

Barry Sheene interviews D.Hill & N.Mansell

https://twitter.com/i/status/1194341695502114816

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

A bit of race prep back in the day

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

My first motorsport hero's   Cool

The late Niki Lauda was honoured with the Personality of the Year Award at the end-of-season FIA Prize Gala in Paris on Friday night.

The three-time world champion, who played an instrumental part in turning Mercedes into a dominant force in F1, passed away shortly before this year’s Monaco Grand Prix.

But the spirit and character that he carried throughout his life was remembered with the Award, which was voted for by FIA accredited media.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yamaha Racing’s managing director Lin Jarvis says Lewis Hamilton “did himself proud” on his test on Valentino Rossi’s 2019 Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP YZR-M1 at Valencia this week.

Speaking after the ride swap event with six-time F1 world champion Hamilton and Rossi, organized by common sponsor Monster Energy, Jarvis said it was a privilege to watch two great champions on track piloting their respective machines.

“It was an exceptional day,” said Jarvis. “To have Lewis together with us and Valentino, two icons of sport at the same time and place, was really amazing. I'm really happy that I could be there to witness it and to enjoy it.

“I was very impressed by Lewis' performance because how many four-wheel champions could come here and get on an M1, go out there, and do themselves proud? It's very difficult to ride a motorcycle fast on track and even more challenging and demanding to ride a factory MotoGP bike.”

Jarvis said his favourite moment was when Rossi led Hamilton around the circuit, showing him his lines: “What stood out to me the most was the moment when he and Valentino were out, really close together, side by side on their M1s. Lewis has said that he's been a fan of MotoGP and Valentino for years."

He added: “It was his wish to ride on track together with Valentino and to have the experience one day to ride an M1, and he got both wishes at the same time! It was fantastic to see that even a six-time Formula 1 world champion who has already achieved so many things, can still realise a dream at a special occasion like this.

“We are also very pleased for Valentino, who had another chance to test himself in an F1 car. He clearly thoroughly enjoyed himself, and we heard very positive feedback from the Mercedes team as well. All in all, I think it was a great, unique event.”

Hamilton had ‘one little spin’, Rossi had three.