Alonso to leave f1

(01-09-2018, 07:13 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Haha well it’s more serious for KMags as he cares Alonso however

LOL, turd fight accepted Lotus, haha - questioning how much Alonso "cares" or his commitment, is a bit daft, haha Smile

He's a "racing Monster" haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(01-09-2018, 07:09 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(01-09-2018, 06:57 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Agree with LotusLover.

Alonso is a great driver, but lately he seems to don't care anymore.
Fine, but if you're so done with the sport, why don't just quite? At least don't mess up a run of other drivers.

Thought it was a stupid move and think Alonso acted like an asshole about it.

Shock horror - I feel somewhat different, hahaha - thought it was a right laugh, pun intended, it's not like Kmag hasn't got other drivers backs up with some of his antics, perhaps instead of laughing, Alonso should have said, "suck my balls Kevin" haha

I'm not denying his arrogance, but it seemed both guys just got in each others way, and the stewards agreed, it happens,

found the reaction of both very entertaining,

Alonso:  "Magnussen wanted to race for some reason"

Kmag: "I'd rather hang myself than let him pass"

haha Smile love it, yous guys are so serious about these things

You're right. F1 is entertainment and these two always give us some good entertaining.
This little scrabble was fun to wacht and the guys giving interviews are always good.
Still think Alonso acted like a prick...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

A little more information has come my way on this incident:

From what I understand Magnussen passed Alonso before the start of the lap instead of creating a gap by holding back. Magnussen gambled and it didn't pay off.

Alonso doesn't like people screwing up his lap, so was it really so surprising?

just ask Lewis, LOL, Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

While I'm a little sad that we've not got to see the best of Alonso in F1 for a few years now, I do think he's chosen the right time to leave. He's never getting another championship winning car, and if he wants to do the triple crown thing, he needs to start now. Wish him luck in whatever else he chooses to do, but it is the right call.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/...t/3171808/

Fernando Alonso was enthusiastic after completing his test of an Andretti-run 2018 IndyCar at Barber Motorsports Park.

Alonso conducted the running in the car last used by Carlos Munoz at the Indianapolis 500, converted to road-course spec.

McLaren has been keen to keep the test as private as possible, with no media or fans allowed to attend.
Motorsport.com understands that series chassis builder Dallara had no presence at the test and IndyCar's support was only minor and was understood to be nothing more than "procedural".

Despite threats of poor weather caused by Hurricane Gordon, Alonso revealed he ran in all track conditions.
“It was a good day, a fun day," said Alonso. "I love to test new cars and to test the IndyCar on a road course is something special.
"I’ve been lucky enough to test it in wet conditions, in intermediate conditions and in dry conditions, so overall I had a good feeling on every type of track.

“Probably my instinct will tell me [I prefer the] road course, because it’s what I’ve been used to doing all my life, but the Indy 500 was an amazing experience, so 50/50," he said.

"I think I love the way the car feels on a road course, but I love the way you compete on ovals, timing the tows, traffic and all the overtaking maneuvers I think are a little bit easy on the ovals, so in terms of track action I loved the Indy 500.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons...g/3184573/

To quote Clint Eastwood. "a man has got to know his limitations"

Fernando Alonso says rallying will not play a part in his post-Formula 1 career because he accepts “I don’t have the talent to do that”.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

In conversation with my brother he said something that struck a cord, he said "Out of all sports car drivers, Rally drivers are who I admire most", what they have to deal with, I 100% agreed with him. Quite humble for Alonso to make that statement that.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(30-09-2018, 12:12 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  "Out of all sports car drivers, Rally drivers are who I admire most", I 100% agreed with him. 

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/group-b-wr...-best-cars

The group B rally boys, a very special era, F1 power > *in the woods* incredible to watch.     Cool

My personal favourite. MG Metro 6R4.   Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I have been sharing these alternative views/gems over on Motogp thread but as this one involves the Monobrow I will post here...

http://motogpnews.com/2018/08/22/alonso-...to-motogp/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(02-10-2018, 12:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I have been sharing these alternative views/gems over on Motogp thread but as this one involves the Monobrow I will post here...

http://motogpnews.com/2018/08/22/alonso-...to-motogp/

Does Morini have a job writing for Moto Gp we didn’t know about Smile
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post