Renault

I would expect nothing else, great result for Renault, Daniel & Nico.

Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul admits Nico Hulkenberg was left “a bit upset” after being ordered to stay behind Daniel Ricciardo in the Canadian GP.

Hulkenberg made his only stop of the race eight laps after his team-mate, so when Ricciardo was passed by former Red Bull partner Max Verstappen, Hulkenberg thought he had a golden opportunity to snatch P6 on fresher rubber.

However, the pair would hold station with Ricciardo taking the chequered flag four tenths clear of Hulkenberg, leading Abiteboul to admit that their orders hadn’t gone down too well with the German.

“Daniel was on slightly older tyres than Nico, also because he had a go at a couple of fast cars, clearly his tyres were not in such a good shape,” Abiteboul explained to reporters.

“Probably Nico would have had the pace to overtake him, but frankly we said ‘we need that result’.
“I don’t like to have to do that, it’s not the style of the team, that’s something that we don’t intend to do on many occasion.

“I wanted to make sure that the team’s back in the game, and the drivers will also be back in the game, their own game, from next week onwards – but for this weekend it was important to get back as close as possible to the team that’s still fourth, which is McLaren.

“He’s a bit upset. And I understand why he’s upset.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

En route from Germany to Hungary

Renault F1 Team: We confirm that a Team truck was in an accident on the M1 in Hungary, near Gyor. The driver, who was driving within the respected regulations, is conscious and has not suffered serious injury. He’s been transported to hospital for further checks. No other vehicles were involved.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Alain Prost named new Renault Sport Racing director after Thierry Yves Henri Bollore steps down as per UK Companies House documents

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-07-2019, 01:13 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  En route from Germany to Hungary

Renault F1 Team: We confirm that a Team truck was in an accident on the M1 in Hungary, near Gyor. The driver, who was driving within the respected regulations, is conscious and has not suffered serious injury. He’s been transported to hospital for further checks. No other vehicles were involved.

What happened there?

(30-07-2019, 01:14 PM)Alonsofan06 Wrote:  What happened there?

Rumour has it Hulkenberg was driving the lorry  Tongue

(no idea to be honest, just seen it on social media)

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hehe Well it couldn't have been Ricciardo as it wasn't pluming of smoke
[+] 3 users Like Alonsofan06's post

Renault may be looking beyond Ricciardo for 2021. (Plant F1)

Renault principal Cyril Abiteboul says the team want to promote an academy driver in 2021, that could spell the end for Daniel Ricciardo.

It was announced after the summer break that Esteban Ocon would leave his role as the Mercedes reserve driver to join Renault for 2020 where he will partner Ricciardo.

However, the Aussie’s contract is up with the team at the end of next season, and Abiteboul has confirmed that Renault want to promote an academy driver into a race seat for 2021.

Ocon’s seat is unlikely to be up for grabs just a year on, so that suggests that Ricciardo could be in trouble.

Formula 2 duo Jack Aitken and Guanyu Zhou are Renault’s most senior Academy prospects.

Anthoine Hubert, who was tragically killed in the F2 Feature Race at Spa, was also part of the Renault junior set-up.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(15-09-2019, 04:00 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Renault may be looking beyond Ricciardo for 2021.  (Plant F1)

Renault principal Cyril Abiteboul says the team want to promote an academy driver in 2021, that could spell the end for Daniel Ricciardo.

Both Mercedes or Ferrari would be interested. Don't think he'll have problems finding a drive.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Renault F1 Sponsorship Reverses By $50 million
https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2019/...92ca8258cb

(Danny Ricciardo earnings reported to be $27.5m making him the 3rd highest earner in f1)

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

The whole crash gate thing really harmed Renault. I get the impression the Corporate big wigs also wanted to ditch F1 altogether at the time. They never continued their investment in their engine plant, and I think that's hurt them in the turbo hybrid era. They've got an awfully long way to go to catch everyone else up, and without the telemetry from McLaren to help, that just got harder. I suspect RP will pick up that supply.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post