Williams

(24-12-2019, 05:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams Grand Prix Holdings agrees for the sale of a majority stake in Williams Advanced Engineering to EMK Capital.

https://www.williamsf1.com/advanced-engi...ngineering

Perhaps Claire blew all the dosh on shoes & handbags Wink

Sounds like the beginning of the end to me. Damn shame for such a famous name in F1.

Always thought Mercedes might invest and use them as a B team like Ferrari and RBR do. However, I'd now say it is more likely Mercedes leave F1 altogether than run two teams.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Brundle: Is Claire Williams the right person to lead the team?  (GP Fans)

Veteran Formula One driver turner commentator Martin Brundle says that it's time for Claire Williams to take a more symbolic role in the Williams team and draft in someone else to take over the day to day running.

Under Claire Williams, the once triumphant, championship winning team have slowly slumped to the back of the grid. The 2019 season saw them finish bottom of the pile with just one single, solitary point to their name - scored in the crazy German Grand prix.

Speaking to Motorsport Magazine, Brundle said, “I’m not [in charge], and you don’t know what you don’t know [the situation].

“But I would ask Claire to move upstairs into a more presidential role and get in somebody like Andreas Seidl and give them full autonomy. F1 success is all about tomorrow, not yesterday.”

From a purely sentimental point of view, keeping a member of the Williams family on the pit-wall must be an absolute priority, but Formula One is not a sentimental sport. When you focus on emotion, the game gets away from you, and this is what has happened at Williams.

Far from being the only factor involved, moving Williams to a more symbolic role such as the Team President, would enable people who are perhaps better informed and less emotionally attached to step into the vice-team principal role - the role of team principal still symbolically held be founder Frank Williams.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(16-01-2020, 01:58 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Brundle: Is Claire Williams the right person to lead the team?  (GP Fans)

Loosely translated: Its about time Claire f*cked off and Williams had a decent leader step into the role.  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ticktum ‘one of best drivers Williams has ever seen’  

Claire Williams is excited to work with Dan Ticktum, whose simulator work resulted in the “guys saying he was one of the best drivers they’ve ever seen”.

Ticktum has joined Williams as a development driver for the 2020 campaign after being axed from the Red Bull programme following a underwhelming start to his 2019 Super Formula season and rumours of behavioural issues.

The 2017 and 2018 Macau Grand Prix winner still has a lingering bad reputation after he received a lengthy ban for crashing into a rival under Safety Car conditions on purpose in MSA Formula in 2016.

Given a fresh start by Williams, the deputy principal says Ticktum has left a good first impression through his time in the simulator and are ready to “harness” his talent.

“I think he will be one to watch: a great British talent that shouldn't be lost in our sport for whatever reason.”

Williams added, "I think he's got great talent, and I think it needs harnessing. We have experience doing that. He knows what's expected of him and how he needs to behave.

“He's one person in a team of 750 and we've always had the attitude at Williams that no one is more important than anyone else. Everyone has to roll their sleeves up and do the job in a way that is expected of them, but I think he knows and understands that.”

Words of advice from Papa, learn from your mistakes & keep your gob shut Dan, I wish you well.   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

@williamsracing has bolstered its technical team with the appointment of David Worner as chief designer and Jonathan Carter as deputy chief designer & head of design. Worner worked under Rob Marshall at Red Bull, while Carter comes from Renault

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-01-2020, 04:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  @williamsracing has bolstered its technical team with the appointment of David Worner as chief designer and Jonathan Carter as deputy chief designer & head of design. Worner worked under Rob Marshall at Red Bull, while Carter comes from Renault

Let us hope they take the path McLaren took after a couple bad years. Would like to see Williams staying in F1 (and not like last year, then it is better if someone would took them out of their misery).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Williams has appointed ex-Renault tester Jack Aitken as its official reserve driver for the 2020 Formula 1 season.

Aitken revealed on Monday that he had split from Renault, having initially joined its Academy in 2016, prior to a spell as its test driver.

On Tuesday Williams confirmed that it has recruited Aitken to act as back-up to race drivers George Russell and Nicholas Latifi.

Aitken will undertake extensive simulator duties and will attend all grands prix with Williams; he is also in line to make his FP1 debut at a yet-to-be-determined round.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

New Williams colour scheme

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(26-06-2020, 10:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  New Williams colour scheme

Meh  Nothingtosay

Doesn't do much for me to be honest. They should bring back the Rothmans livery.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

WILLIAMS RACING IS ACQUIRED BY DORILTON CAPITAL

https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2020/08/...on-capital

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post