Williams

BBC: Alex Albon has been released from hospital in Milan, Williams tell BBC Sport, and is back home in Monaco, following the appendectomy after which he suffered respiratory failure and had to spend some time in intensive care. Recovery going to plan. Target remains Singapore GP

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Not really a surprise. So who replaces? De Vries? Ricciardo? or that other rookie Sargeant? I suppose they are spoiled for choice right?
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

(23-09-2022, 12:23 PM)Westie Wrote:  Not really a surprise.  So who replaces?  De Vries?  Ricciardo? or that other rookie Sargeant?  I suppose they are spoiled for choice right?

Whoever brings the most dosh I would imagine

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Two years too late in my opinion. I think that George gave him some camouflage while he was there as people didn't expect him to be as good as George but when the new guy beat him last race that was hard to hide from.

They will probably save a fortune in crashed parts.
[+] 4 users Like PaddyB's post

Jost Capito has stepped down as Williams CEO and team principal after two years at the helm of the F1 team. The Grove-based team have also confirmed technical director FX Demaison will leave his post after joining in 2021 too.

Williams will announce a new team principal and technical director in due course ahead of the 2023 F1 season.

(12-12-2022, 06:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Jost Capito has stepped down as Williams CEO and team principal 

...also confirmed technical director FX Demaison will leave his post 

Speculation has it both are en route to Sauber to lay the groundworks for the Audi takeover......(both men are ex Audi)

Williams announce Mercedes strategist Vowles as new F1 team principal.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Call me shocked I had no idea he would leave Mercedes. He made some great calls in his time but i do feel Mercedes have been pretty poor last few years. They also need to improve their actual pit stop crew they are constantly behind Red Bull in turn around time.

As a person I really like him, I enjoyed his debriefs more than most and of course I as a Brit want Williams to be a much better team I hope he is successful.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(13-01-2023, 03:43 PM)NeilP Wrote:  as a Brit want Williams to be a much better team I hope he is successful.

Think we all would agree with you mate.  

The "project red 5 days" seem an awful long time ago.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post