Williams

(03-09-2020, 12:43 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Who is taking charge?

Report on Sky suggests Williams are stepping away as a Family. It does not mention who will take over at TP.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...ms-f1-team

Even though it is probably best for the team I feel a bit sad. Frank is an iconic individual in F1 and will be missed.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(03-09-2020, 12:57 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-09-2020, 12:43 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Who is taking charge?

Report on Sky suggests Williams are stepping away as a Family. It does not mention who will take over at TP.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...ms-f1-team

Even though it is probably best for the team I feel a bit sad. Frank is an iconic individual in F1 and will be missed.

I'm sure he is used to getting pushed  Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(03-09-2020, 12:43 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(03-09-2020, 12:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Claire Williams to step down at F1 team after Italian GP.  (SKY F1)

Who is taking charge?

I just read there will be NO Williams name there anymore

(03-09-2020, 01:59 PM)Beano Wrote:  I just read there will be NO Williams name there anymore

What exactly do you mean by no Williams name there anymore? You can interpret that more than one way.

Do you mean there will be nobody with the name "Williams" working there in a management role or do you mean the name of the team will change? The article on sky seems to imply that the name will continue.

Quoting from that article :-

"We are greatly appreciative of Dorilton's encouragement to continue, but in them we know the team will be in good hands and the Williams name will live on. This may be the end of an era for Williams as a family-run team, but it is the beginning of a new era for Williams Racing and we wish them much success in the future."

(03-09-2020, 02:15 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-09-2020, 01:59 PM)Beano Wrote:  I just read there will be NO Williams name there anymore

What exactly do you mean by no Williams name there anymore? You can interpret that more than one way.

Do you mean there will be nobody with the name "Williams" working there in a management role or do you mean the name of the team will change? The article on sky seems to imply that the name will continue.

Quoting from that article :-

"We are greatly appreciative of Dorilton's encouragement to continue, but in them we know the team will be in good hands and the Williams name will live on. This may be the end of an era for Williams as a family-run team, but it is the beginning of a new era for Williams Racing and we wish them much success in the future."
https://apple.news/A6GLZNPgdR7W0bozZtm7KLg

(03-09-2020, 02:34 PM)Beano Wrote:  https://apple.news/A6GLZNPgdR7W0bozZtm7KLg

Errr..., did you read the previous posts? That's just repeating exactly what I linked to (from Sky F1 site) in post #101. It doesn't say the name will be going, just that the Williams family are leaving.

The Sky article actually implies the name will be staying (and I hope it does).

(03-09-2020, 02:41 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-09-2020, 02:34 PM)Beano Wrote:  https://apple.news/A6GLZNPgdR7W0bozZtm7KLg

Errr..., did you read the previous posts? That's just repeating exactly what I linked to (from Sky F1 site) in post #101. It doesn't say the name will be going, just that the Williams family are leaving.

The Sky article actually implies the name will be staying (and I hope it does).

nope when I joined I saw Professors post yours is back from there and on my device a page behind. So didn’t see your link. That said when Williams won’t be in the paddock I suppose you could assume for the time being the name Williams will be there? Have they sold everything??? All I said is there will be no Williams name. As business has no sentiment, unless they own naming rights then it will change eventually (I assume).
i was replying on the hoof also so bear with please.

(03-09-2020, 02:53 PM)Beano Wrote:  nope when I joined I saw Professors post yours is back from there

Not quite, you replied to post #100 mine was post #101. But, you're accessing on a phone and I know that is far from a good experience so we'll klet that drop.

For what it's worth I think you are correct in that the team name will change at some point in the near future. I was just saying that personally I'd like the name to live on (nostalgic / sentimental reasons I grant you). The Williams name has been around for 43 years in F1 after all. Shame to see it die.

(03-09-2020, 03:11 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-09-2020, 02:53 PM)Beano Wrote:  nope when I joined I saw Professors post yours is back from there

Not quite, you replied to post #100 mine was post #101. But, you're accessing on a phone and I know that is far from a good experience so we'll klet that drop.

For what it's worth I think you are correct in that the team name will change at some point in the near future. I was just saying that personally I'd like the name to live on (nostalgic / sentimental reasons I grant you). The Williams name has been around for 43 years in F1 after all.  Shame to see it die.
 Oh I agree, its the end of an era, sadly but if they can become more competitive it will look like a good decision for F1

Just a sad sad end to an amazing team. Frank Williams is and will always be a legend in my book.

Whether they end up changing the name does not matter to me personally the team Williams has already died.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post