To cheat, or not to cheat?

(27-07-2018, 09:36 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Sorry if I am coming across as grumpy, as disturbing as it is, I found myself agreeing with Jacques Villeneuve and am consequently re-evaluating my life.

Lol, you should have a read of the replies/posts on the same article over on `gpfans` site....one particular comment (Shaun Sainty Marshall) had me in stitches laughing....not for the easy offended  Tongue

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2093/...illeneuve/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I haven't seen any comments around it Forza. Go on, give me a taste!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

John - console yourself with this simple explanation: those that think Ferrari are cheating know little or nothing about the sport and that includes journalists as well as fans. The very nature of this sport (and it is very unique in many ways) is that every boundary of every possibility is explored for an advantage.

Its probably many Hamilton and Mercedes fans having to face the reality that Ferrari have caught up/have passed (your choice) Mercedes. The Hamilton fan in me wants him to win every race with ease. The Formula 1 fan in me wants him to win by a cars length (but still every race Smile )

It is also possible you have caught Ferraritis, a dreadful disease that can be completely life altering if not treated properly!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(27-07-2018, 10:07 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  I haven't seen any comments around it Forza. Go on, give me a taste!

I added a link to my post above Wink

(a lot of the comments are the usual drivel but that one I mentioned made a few of us laugh)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Eugh, I just tried to find it on GPFans and saw about his outburst at the commentators. (As I said, I have been well and truly out of the loop this week!)

Honestly he doesn't help himself. I distinctly remember Brundle saying that having Hamilton appear in your mirror would be as intimidating as the Day-glo McLaren with Senna at the wheel. You'd think with his Senna fetish compliments don't come much greater than that for Lewis.

He's getting more and more like Trump by the day. Everything is the biggest/best/hardest thing ever, and now he's blasting the media for being mean to him (allegedly) and he's begging for recognition.

What a fucking bell end.

(27-07-2018, 10:12 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I added a link to my post above Wink

(a lot of the comments are the usual drivel but that one I mentioned made a few of us laugh)

Found it. Brilliant. Agree.

Now where's the Kickstarter page???

I take it Sky commentators will avoid what LH posted about them last week on Instagram/twitter or whatever social media he uses....one of them should grow a pair and call him out on it.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(27-07-2018, 10:15 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I take it Sky commentators will avoid what LH posted about them last week on Instagram/twitter or whatever social media he uses....one of them should grow a pair and call him out on it.

I agree, although unfortunately I am sure they have all been briefed by then Sky Sports LH... I mean, Sky Sports F1 bosses to apologise and build bridges. If their postings on the website weren't biased enough, you should see their facebook feed. It is Hamilton central.

It always makes me chuckle, the little bold paragraph at the end of each SSF1 website article on the run-up to a race. If it's following a bad result it's always "Can Lewis bounce back?..." or after a good result "Can Lewis make it 3 out of 3?..."

There’s a lot of love here currently lol
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

"There’s a lot of love here currently lol"

Dont come in here with that attitude and trying to start trouble Smile
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/abiteboul-...wanted-to/

Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul has called for engines to become standardised in order to eliminate all speculation of cheating in Formula 1.
Abiteboul claims that the current power unit regulations are so complex that it is bordering on impossible for the FIA to police teams in an effective manner.

The Frenchman said it would be currently possible to cheat with the engines and that all teams would know how to do it.
While Abiteboul does not suspect that anyone is doing so, the possibility that it could happen is enough to be a problem.
“I think that, frankly, if we wanted to cheat on the current engine, we would know how to do it, and that’s an issue,” Abiteboul told Motorsport.com.
“We are a very large corporation and we would never do such a thing like that, we can’t afford the reputational risk.
“I’m not saying that anyone is cheating, but I think it’d be good to get rid of all the speculation, by doing some local and targeted standardisation, and we’ve put forward some proposals in relation to that.”

And Abiteboul feels the time has come to seriously discuss those proposals for the good of the sport.

“I don’t want to create a debate here, but I think we need to think how we can help the FIA, regarding the enforceability of the regulations,” he added.
“I really believe that the complexity of the engine is such that I would not want to have myself to police it. So, I think we need to figure that out.
“I really believe that some elements of standardisation are not just useful but absolutely necessary if we want to retain some confidence between all the participants.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post