Italian Media Savages Vettel

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2085/...german-gp/

I've been told by my Italian friend that these are the nicer comments. Apparently a Motorsport show on national radio had a debate with some former drivers where they asked who was better Seb or Lewis and everyone said Lewis (including former Ferrari driver Fisichella). The host also said if Hamilton had been in the Ferrari last season he'd have won easily, and if he was in the Ferrari this season the title fight would almost be over. Ouch.

The Italian media on the whole have stuck by Seb, they've defended him and stuck by him, even after Singapore last year, and Baku. It seems though the Italian media and many Ferrari fans are losing patience with him. To hear and read the Italian press openly say Hamilton is the much better driver, and they'd prefer him to be at the Scuderia is a big deal. His reception in Monza will be interesting.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

The Italians are Ferrari`s harshest critics at times and have been from the beginning, so not surprising really...we as Scarlet fans have never really taken to Seb and prob never will regardless of what he may or may not achieve this year.

I see on the same site they are reporting:
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2086/...-about-me/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I agree that the Italian press are always Ferrari's harshest critics, and even that in some quarters of the Italian media Seb has never been accepted. However, they've played him with kid gloves and also backed him and even talked him up, even after Singapore. They stuck by him after his late lunge into turn 1 Baku, after he collided with Bottas, and a myriad of other mistakes. However, this response feels very different. I expected there to be critical voices, highly critical even, but the direct comparisons with Lewis, and some saying in print they'd rather have Lewis no matter the cost is shocking to hear.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Is it really though? Ferrari (and Italians/tifosi obviously) want and almost demand the team to succeed so "the best driver" would be on their radar, Lewis is that benchmark at the minute and has been for several years and all the while Seb is prone to mistakes and showing the red mist on occasions so I can fully understand these comments.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(24-07-2018, 03:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I see on the same site they are reporting:
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2086/...-about-me/

Don't get it Forza I've been defending Martin Brundle on the SKY site against some one who said SKY were bias against Lewis (A10 just asked him if he was "whosaidrenaul") I just don't get it? I am also bemused at what Lewis means, I thought everyone at SKY were complimentary, have I missed some thing? wouldn't surprise me lol.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I have no idea Paps, I always thought Sky where pretty much pro Lewis, when I read comments to the contrary I just put it down to the bellends who where posting on Sky

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(24-07-2018, 03:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  His reception in Monza will be interesting.

"We want Lewis, we want Lewis, we want Lewis" Haha Soz Forza. Tongue

Don't they normally Boo Lewis in Italy?

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(24-07-2018, 04:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "We want Lewis, we want Lewis, we want Lewis"  Haha Soz Forza.   Tongue

Don't they normally Boo Lewis in Italy?

Yeah bud....and anyone else who isnt in red nor Italian when it suits them  Tongue

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I've been in Monza a few times, and the Italian fans love Lewis, they just don't love the fact that he drives a Silver Arrow... I was there in 2014 when they boo'ed Nico. I think most Italian's make no secret of their desire to see Lewis in red.

As to Lewis' comments with regards to Sky... in the pre-race show they were actually hyper negative about Lewis, and critical of him and his attitude. I was a little taken aback by it too, and I think you all know I don't go in for the "Sky h8 Lewiz" conspiracy crap. During the race though their praise was gushing bordering on embarrassing. Perhaps Lewis tweeted having just heard the pre-show and then deleted as he watched the rest of the race? Otherwise yeah, bizarre, Nico was incredibly kind and impressed by Lewis and didn't hold back on the praise, I agreed with him when he said "only Lewis can drive like that in those kind of conditions, and I never worked out how he did it, it was annoying".
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Did you read any of the media reports where Nico said he was scheduled (monaco then Hockenheim) to do the post race interviews on Sunday until RTL received the message Lewis had somewhat blocked or at least rejected doing any interviews with him.....they aint kissed and made up yet then Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post