Mercedes

Who would you guys like to see peddle the second Panzer Merc alongside Russell?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-03-2024, 06:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Who would you guys like to see peddle the second Panzer Merc alongside Russell?

Alonso for the entertainment value, but think they might take a risk with young Kimi.

Even better sign Max & tell him he's the sim driver just to watch Jos explode!   Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Sainz… that Kimi option isn’t really an option for years.  He seems to be driving for an anchor of a team in F2.  Looks designed to kill off his career before it starts.

I think Sainz would be good at Merc.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

I'm sure Carlos would do well but do you think Mercedes would want a Ferrari leftover?

Ok this sounds bad, so to be clear I rate Carlos, he's intelligent & his race pace is blinding, but Ferrari don't want him,
how would it look for Mercedes to take him?

I get what your saying about Kimi, but lets not forget Toto missed out on Max when he had Lewis & Nico, so Red Bull offered him a seat,
I'm not a fan of Max the man but his career hasn't worked out to bad has it, how old was he when Red Bull signed him?

Honestly it wouldn't completely surprise me if Toto took a chance on him after missing out with Max.

Would Alonso take a contract for a year or two, I'm guessing he would which would give Kimi time to settle in F1.

Thing is Mercedes would see Alonso as a stop gap, would Alonso see it that way? I'd wager he would back himself to beat George so might think the Merc line up would be him & Kimi, would time run out for this because of his age? who knows these days.

Ok leftfield, Ford are making noises about not liking the Horner case because of what he is accused off & the lack of transparency, what if they pulled out, the new RBPT engine is rumoured to be lacking on the electrical side, Marco is publicly saying he would not stop Max if he wanted to leave, (this is also rumoured to be in Adrian's contract) even saying he would walk to enable a clause in Max's contract if he wanted to leave Red Bull.

Mercedes & Ferrari & both rumoured to have nailed the new engine regs.... so Max to Mercedes!   Wink

Sorry Neil.   Tongue

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(05-03-2024, 06:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Who would you guys like to see peddle the second Panzer Merc alongside Russell?

From Kelly's Heroes.
[+] 4 users Like PaddyB's post

(05-03-2024, 08:21 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
From Kelly's Heroes.

OK I've changed my mind I'm with Paddy!!!   Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(05-03-2024, 08:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(05-03-2024, 08:21 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
From Kelly's Heroes.

OK I've changed my mind I'm with Paddy!!!   Laughing

I think he is almost as ruthless as Jos Verstappen.......
[+] 5 users Like PaddyB's post

The more I read/see the more I'm convinced "if" Short Spice stays Max leaves, just seen the Thai's think they can keep Newey who they (quite rightly imo) think is most important element at RB should Max leave, they mentioned Alex & Oscar as possible drivers.

This was Lewis's answer when asked if Max was on the list to replace him.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

Simone Resta & Enrico Sampo leave Ferrari and join Mercedes.

Simone Resta has been signed as Strategic Development Director and will work directly with James Allison.

Sampo has been Ferrari’s driver simulator team leader for the past few years.

While both men have signed for Mercedes, their contractual terms mean that they will be unable to join until 2025, with their exact dates of arrival having yet to be decided.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Just reading Toto's short list, guess we could guess them but here they are.

He said Max is no1.

Then mentioned Fernando, Carlos & young Kimi.

Funny thing no mention of Paddy's choice & forum favourite Karl-Otto Alberty from Kelly's Hero's!   Tongue

My original thought that would Mercedes want Carlos if Ferrari do not is fading by the race with his drives asking the question have Ferrari got rid of the wrong driver.  (still think Charles the fastest over one lap)

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post