Mercedes

(03-02-2024, 01:15 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff says that the team is set to discuss a possible move to Ferrari by Lewis Hamilton's race engineer Peter Bonnington.  (MotorSport.com)

You can understand why Lewis would want that. They seem to have a very good rapport. I hope it happens.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Suggestions that Lewis Hamilton may have chosen to leave Mercedes because he was unhappy with their F1 2024 car are untrue.  (Crash)

Toto Wolff confirmed that Hamilton drove the W15 in the simulator for the first time on Friday.

That came 48 hours after Hamilton informed Wolff of his decision to join Ferrari next year, and 24 hours after it became worldwide news.

The significance for Mercedes is that there is no indication Hamilton was not pleased with the direction of this season’s new car.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/artic...ilton-mph/

Why Mercedes' teenage prodigy has a shot at replacing Hamilton.

The F2 guys were all out testing F3 cars recently (as F2 testing is restricted) and in the rain Antonelli was fastest by whole seconds.

Some of his wet weather performances were astonishing.

He won the one-off Motorsport Games F4 Cup at Paul Ricard driving with a broken wrist from a qualifying accident.

Last year he won the European Formula Regional Championship with Prema, the team with which he graduates to F2 this year

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

He`s still trying to convince you Merc fans

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(06-02-2024, 12:04 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  He`s still trying to convince you Merc fans

I've moved on I still love McLaren & Williams.... but I'm now a Ferrari fan.   Big Grin

More seriously I've said before Imo Mercedes picked the wrong young Brit.

The little Devil on my shoulder want's Merc to get Fernando to piss on Russel's fire.   Tongue

Then young Kimi Antonelli who seems the real deal, F2 gonna be great this year, Mercedes young gun vs Ferraris Oliver Bearman (Brit)
in the same team, bring it on.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Rumours of a potential Mercedes move for Fernando Alonso have gone into overdrive after his manager Flavio Briatore posted a picture of himself with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff on Monday.   (The Race)

Alonso does he have a realistic chance at Mercedes? Absolutely, he does. From what we understand, he is not Mercedes’ Plan A. But is currently the absolute favourite for Plan B.

Mercedes’ Plan A, The Race firmly believes, is Andrea Kimi Antonelli, the 17-year-old about to embark upon his first season in F2, with five years on Mercedes’ books.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Will he really want to go there? Mercedes have lost a hell of a lot of good people and I'd be surprised if they can become front runners again in the short term.

Perhaps he'd be better off staying with Aston Martin?
[+] 5 users Like black's post

(12-02-2024, 08:00 PM)black Wrote:  Will he really want to go there? Mercedes have lost a hell of a lot of good people and I'd be surprised if they can become front runners again in the short term.

Perhaps he'd be better off staying with Aston Martin?

Don't know just posted what we read.

Wouldn't we have to think Mercedes would be the better option in the long run?

Also not sure if Alonso's ego could cope knowing he would be a stop gap for a year or two for a (hugely talented) kid.

Maybe if he thinks (& might be right) that he could beat Russel? & George would be dropped for Kimi not him?

No idea just speculating.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 6 users Like forzaferrari's post

Now that is a good looking livery.

Is it going to be competitive though? Somehow I doubt it.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post