Mercedes

(23-04-2021, 04:22 PM)morini Wrote:  I'd be more worried about the gearbox. Lucky boy if that goes the distance.

Yeah, I would be VERY surprised if the box was ok after that shunt

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mercedes have announced a new partnership with the Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers UK (AFBE-UK) to help increase accessibility to careers in engineering.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/...ngineering

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I thought this deal had went through long ago...

Daimler AG, the parent company of Mercedes-Benz, has confirmed that the shares of the Formula 1 team have been held for sale.
Last December it already sold part of its shares, after which they were divided as follows: 33.3 percent to Toto Wolff, 33.3 percent to Daimler and 33.3 percent to the new sponsor INEOS, a British chemicals giant.

However, according to the latest financial report, the sale is not yet complete.
"We assume that we will come out of it in the first half of 2021, after which we expect Daimler to no longer have control over the Formula One team," Mercedes' parent company revealed in its Q1 2021 investor's report.

The team will continue to exist, but Daimler's interest will be lessened as a result of the reduced shareholding.
When the deal is done, the company will no longer have full control over the team's decision-making process.
Mercedes' engine supply agreements with Williams, Mclaren and Aston Martin remain unchanged, as does the name of the factory team.

(19-05-2021, 02:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I thought this deal had went through long ago...

Me too.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Apologies if you guys have already seen this, Mercedes have confirmed they will miss a scheduled Pirelli tyre test at Paul Ricard next week, due to concerns about the budget cap.

https://racingnews365.com/mercedes-missi...y-concerns

edit: Ferrari have now confirmed they are willing to stand in for Merc at this test.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Stupid budget caps.

(19-05-2021, 02:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I thought this deal had went through long ago...

Daimler AG, the parent company of Mercedes-Benz, has confirmed that the shares of the Formula 1 team have been held for sale.
Last December it already sold part of its shares, after which they were divided as follows: 33.3 percent to Toto Wolff, 33.3 percent to Daimler and 33.3 percent to the new sponsor INEOS, a British chemicals giant.

However, according to the latest financial report, the sale is not yet complete.
"We assume that we will come out of it in the first half of 2021, after which we expect Daimler to no longer have control over the Formula One team," Mercedes' parent company revealed in its Q1 2021 investor's report.

The team will continue to exist, but Daimler's interest will be lessened as a result of the reduced shareholding.
When the deal is done, the company will no longer have full control over the team's decision-making process.
Mercedes' engine supply agreements with Williams, Mclaren and Aston Martin remain unchanged, as does the name of the factory team.

There are still British Giants in existence. I mean who knew I thought they had all been brought out by now!!!

Wonder who owns the 0.1%

I am certain Toto would vote in line with Daimler every time
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Allison confirms Mercedes ARE planning W12 upgrades this season as title battle with Red Bull hots up

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...LyN68.html

(29-06-2021, 02:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Allison confirms Mercedes ARE planning W12 upgrades this season as title battle with Red Bull hots up

I alluded to this in my post race comments but my attention these days is unreliable. I heard Hamilton question the spending of Mercedes but Wolff refuted that and although I heard him say they were working very hard (words to that effect) on the 2022 car I never heard him say there would be no upgrades coming.

Despite the doom and gloom around Mercedes which I guess is natural after dominating for so long they are not that far off. Yes RBR and Verstappen are clear favourites at this stage in time but I am not writing off Hamilton or Mercedes in either championship just yet its way too early.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(29-06-2021, 04:10 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(29-06-2021, 02:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Allison confirms Mercedes ARE planning W12 upgrades this season as title battle with Red Bull hots up

I alluded to this in my post race comments but my attention these days is unreliable. I heard Hamilton question the spending of Mercedes but Wolff refuted that and although I heard him say they were working very hard (words to that effect) on the 2022 car I never heard him say there would be no upgrades coming.

Despite the doom and gloom around Mercedes which I guess is natural after dominating for so long they are not that far off. Yes RBR and Verstappen are clear favourites at this stage in time but I am not writing off Hamilton or Mercedes in either championship just yet its way too early.

Agree. 
Mercedes is a fantastic team (the most successful in fact) and very close to Red Bull. Think it is a bit silly how media acts like they are some crappy team all of a sudden.
For years everyone is asking for other teams to challenge Mercedes dominance. Now they are challenged and it is like they lost already. And that with two drivers on the podium...
Both championships are still very much within Mercedes reach.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post