Mercedes

(14-10-2020, 05:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Was just pointing out James seems to think it gave an advantage and used was used "more than ever" and a "contributing factor" whereas Toto implied otherwise.....nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, I understood. My point was it can still be a "contributing factor" without being a "game changer", so I don't see them as contradicting each other. It'd have been the same without DAS IMO.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(14-10-2020, 06:14 PM)Beano Wrote:  
(14-10-2020, 05:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Was just pointing out James seems to think it gave an advantage and used was used "more than ever" and a "contributing factor" whereas Toto implied otherwise.....nothing more, nothing less.

So Max does have an excuse his car is not on par to Mercedes and probably won’t be, might be close but he is maximising on Bottas’s poor luck/driving basically he gets the scraps this year. Although 3 DNFs  he’s showing his class this season even more so. If RBR can pull their finger out at the beginning of next season he might have a chance

I agree about Verstappen, he is showing his class this year. Impressive drives every race.

But next season? You called it an "if" but I think he has no change and might be fighting for a podium or lower. Honda leaving will not help getting the engine faster while the other manufactures will keep developing. Then the team Mercedes is already miles ahead this year. That they are not developping the car further this year means they are already working on next year, while Red Bull still trying to get on par with this year Mercedes.

Hell, if another Mercedes engine team copies this year Mercedes, Red Bull has a serious fight on their hands with that team and Hamilton (and Buttass) are cruising away in the distance.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Nice gesture from the Germans

Mercedes has pledged to give Romain Grosjean a final run in a Formula 1 car if he cannot race in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and no one else is willing to offer him a private test.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-...l-f1-test/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(05-12-2020, 09:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Nice gesture from the Germans British based F1 team

Mercedes has pledged to give Romain Grosjean a final run in a Formula 1 car if he cannot race in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and no one else is willing to offer him a private test.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-...l-f1-test/

I corrected your typo for you.

You're welcome Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Meanwhile back in Brackley  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(05-12-2020, 11:56 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Meanwhile back in Brackley  Big Grin

That was a spelling mistake Forza, it was supposed to be "Neil Hitler" in an over-optimistic attempt to get him to take the knee.....
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

Lewis Hamilton will require special dispensation from Abu Dhabi Government officials if he is to race this weekend, tight covid restrictions require all arrivals to adhere to a 14 day quarantine. An exception has been made for F1, and the entire paddock is obliged to travel on Monday under controlled conditions, before entering a closed 'biosphere' around the track and the neighbouring hotels. Toto has been quoted as saying "Lewis feels a bit better today, so we have to wait and see what happens"

Toto Wolff will continue in his role as Team Principal and CEO, after Mercedes confirmed Ineos have taken a one-third stake in the team alongside Wolff and Daimler

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

He wasn't going anywhere was he...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

James `turncoat` Allison has been promoted from his role as Technical Director with the German team to CTO, as part of the their succession plan. He will be replaced by Mike Elliott.

Allison said he had reached his "shelf life" in the TD position and wanted "to pass on the baton at the right time"

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post