Mercedes

(14-09-2020, 10:36 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Feeling a little cocky after a double points finish ehh???

Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Sure am Neil.....its been a while.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-09-2020, 09:22 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sure am Neil.....its been a while.

It will not last Forza, too much talent in the team overall. Not saying things will get much better for this season (I even wonder if they are working on anything for this year) but they will absolutely bounce back its just a matter of when not if.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(15-09-2020, 04:17 PM)NeilP Wrote:  too much talent in the team overall. 

There sure is mate, Giuseppe`s garden landscaping is exceptional and Francesca`s pasta making skills are legendary Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Should be no excuses for Max Verstappen now. Red Bull are still bringing updates but Mercedes stopped developing this years car "a long time ago".

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-...-time-ago/

I guess we will see in Portugal then!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

One of them didnt get the memo (not intended as bait)

James Vowles on DAS: "It is fair to say we used DAS more than ever this weekend. In free practice, on single lap work, in qualifying but also during the race. In terms of where we used it in the race it was on the formation lap, but also when we were behind the Safety Car. Where we had a number of laps circulating on tyres that were just getting colder and colder. I think it is fair to say DAS was a contributing factor to why our restart was so good and really came into its own this weekend.” Earning its place on the car.

Toto Wolff says Mercedes' dual-axis steering (DAS) system was not a "game-changer" in the cold conditions in Sunday's Eifel Grand Prix.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

With the colder races coming up its gonna be damn handy, clever buggers.   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(14-10-2020, 01:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  One of them didnt get the memo (not intended as bait)

James Vowles on DAS: "It is fair to say we used DAS more than ever this weekend. In free practice, on single lap work, in qualifying but also during the race. In terms of where we used it in the race it was on the formation lap, but also when we were behind the Safety Car. Where we had a number of laps circulating on tyres that were just getting colder and colder. I think it is fair to say DAS was a contributing factor to why our restart was so good and really came into its own this weekend.” Earning its place on the car.

Toto Wolff says Mercedes' dual-axis steering (DAS) system was not a "game-changer" in the cold conditions in Sunday's Eifel Grand Prix.

Not taken as bait at all as all teams were / are free to develop similar solutions this season.

However, those two statements you highlighted in bold are not mutually exclusive. Fact is the lead cars had both pitted under SC (and hence were on the same tyres) so neither had any tyre advantage / disadvantage. When was the last time you saw either Merc struggle on a race restart DAS or no DAS unless there's some sort of tyre discrepancy? Answer = never. Horner only mentioned DAS at all because Verstappen had a lock up at the first corner where Hamilton didn't. What he always fails to mention (like in the opener in Austria) is that his cars were not even in the same race until the SC's came out. I see the media are hyping up RBR's closing the performance gap quite a lot, but what I saw was Lewis Hamilton pull a 10 second gap in that race seemingly with ease. Race day I still think Merc have a decent advantage.

Admittedly Max was a lot closer in quali than I expected, but I'll wait until the next couple of races before I get too excited.

Was just pointing out James seems to think it gave an advantage and used was used "more than ever" and a "contributing factor" whereas Toto implied otherwise.....nothing more, nothing less.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(14-10-2020, 05:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Was just pointing out James seems to think it gave an advantage and used was used "more than ever" and a "contributing factor" whereas Toto implied otherwise.....nothing more, nothing less.

So Max does have an excuse his car is not on par to Mercedes and probably won’t be, might be close but he is maximising on Bottas’s poor luck/driving basically he gets the scraps this year. Although 3 DNFs  he’s showing his class this season even more so. If RBR can pull their finger out at the beginning of next season he might have a chance