£40m a year!!!

Haha for fecks sake, really, oh god, thanks for that lol...……

So? that's fashionable is it? Hehe.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(27-06-2018, 08:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Haha for fecks sake, really, oh god, thanks for that lol...……

So? that's fashionable is it? Hehe.

He is the gift that just keeps giving Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

That photo has to be a Photoshop, Shirley? Looks like he belongs in Rampton!

Still, if there are any vacancies going for £40 million per year cockwombles I would like to apply. Where do I sign up?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Get in line Smile
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(28-06-2018, 07:10 AM)morini Wrote:  That photo has to be a Photoshop, Shirley? Looks like he belongs in Rampton!

Still, if there are any vacancies going for £40 million per year cockwombles I would like to apply. Where do I sign up?

My buddy is a big fan of said cockwomble and follows him on those instabook/facegram/twatter things...got him to forward it to me as I knew you Lewis fans would enjoy it Wink

(you do know you would also have to dress like this, right?)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Sickening, how come we are only ever told his salary? Doesn't make liking him any easier does it....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Jesus H. Thank God he can drive, that's all I can say.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(28-06-2018, 10:08 AM)morini Wrote:  Jesus H. Thank God he can drive, that's all I can say.

You should get your missus to knock you up a pair of trousers and jacket out of a pair of curtains and head in to work wearing them....see what they say Wink

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(28-06-2018, 09:46 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Sickening, how come we are only ever told his salary? Doesn't make liking him any easier does it....

Lets be honest though, that'd all we're really every interested in isn't it? Do you want to know the list of obligations and appearance rates? We want to know how much money and for how long. His wage is utterly obscene... yet a sports promoter was on Danish sports news this morning and honestly, he made it seem like a bargain. He argued that the Tommy Hilfiger sponsorhip amongst others were attracted to the team because of how marketable Lewis is. He said the value of those sponsorship deals probably pay for Lewis' wage, and Mercedes still get the best driver on the grid (his words not mine) and they get to use his marketability with their brand, which he is putting into the stratosphere apparently. Honestly I originally thought it was an eye watering amount. He pointed out the other side of it, and yeah, I see his point, maybe Lewis is worth the money, especially if he wins them a fifth world title. As unbelievable as I find it, maybe he's worth every penny.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(28-06-2018, 10:19 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Lets be honest though, that'd all we're really every interested in isn't it? Do you want to know the list of obligations and appearance rates? We want to know how much money and for how long. His wage is utterly obscene... yet a sports promoter was on Danish sports news this morning and honestly, he made it seem like a bargain. He argued that the Tommy Hilfiger sponsorhip amongst others were attracted to the team because of how marketable Lewis is. He said the value of those sponsorship deals probably pay for Lewis' wage, and Mercedes still get the best driver on the grid (his words not mine) and they get to use his marketability with their brand, which he is putting into the stratosphere apparently. Honestly I originally thought it was an eye watering amount. He pointed out the other side of it, and yeah, I see his point, maybe Lewis is worth the money, especially if he wins them a fifth world title. As unbelievable as I find it, maybe he's worth every penny.

I would say without doubt Lewis is worth that kind of dosh,(its not that much more than what Schumacher was paid all those years ago) as we have said before he is the most marketable of the current drivers, being the current WDC he was always going to command a greater figure than the likes of Seb for starters, throw in the relentless self and brand promotion all while being the poster boy for the sport, yeah, fair play to him! On the grand scheme of things some boxers, footballers and basketball players can demand double and treble these amounts.....are these figures representative for those who are basically participating in a sport vs a surgeon saving lives or other occupations putting their lives on the line on a daily basis....hell no, but it is what it is.