Ferrari

Ferrari will be right there, make no mistake.

I think we are in for a very interesting season for lots of reasons. Even me as a Mercedes/Hamilton fan are looking forward to the Leclerc/Vettel , Hulkenburg/Ricciardo, Norris/Sainz, and Russell/Kubica battles.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140962...rari-in-18

Brundle: Things weren't right at Ferrari under Arrivabene in F1 '18.

Ex-Formula 1 driver-turned-pundit Martin Brundle believes "things weren't right" at Ferrari last season, in the wake of the removal of Maurizio Arrivabene as team principal.

"I do think Mattia Binotto has got a very good reputation in developing the team technically, he's clearly a leader of people," said Brundle.

"I do know from people like Ross Brawn and others who have worked with him, he is most highly regarded,"

"I think he'll get the car and the engine to where it needs to be and the rest of it should be easy, if Vettel and Leclerc are doing their jobs."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

Jeez, there is no shortage of "experts" sticking the boot into poor ol Maurizio now he has gone lol.... he was always going out the door and being replaced by Binotto according to Sergio`s plans (although from what I have read here and there his "retirement" prob would have come at the end of the 19 season) I guess the infighting just accelerated those plans..... yes he overseen a few blunders here and there but in general done quite a good job in his tenure imo but was always going to be the fall guy just like the others before him.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I agree Forza, Ferrari were a basket case for a fair few years. He brought their technical staffing levels up and turned them into a leaner and more focused team. He's over seen massive structural changes at Maranello. Maybe he isn't the right person going forward, but the reality is Ferrari have been turned into a leaner more focused team under him. I can see why the media don't like him, but look at the criticism he got for his man management of Vettel, in 2017 he was criticised for mollycoddling him way too much and defending him... fast forward 12 months and he's criticised for doing the opposite.

On a slightly different note I do wonder how well Binotto will deal with the political side of being a team principle. Because like him or loathe him that is one area where Arrivabene excelled and often out manoeuvred the opposition and got Ferrari exactly what they wanted... I suppose he'll just fine given he's ousted Arrivabene, but he's supposedly not a fan of Brawn's plans for F1, perhaps that's the real reason he was desperate for a seat at the big boy table, because 2019 would be too late.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Ferrari made the "wrong decision" picking Mattia Binotto to replace Maurizio Arrivabene as its Formula 1 team principal, says former technical director Gary Anderson...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...o/4322508/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Forza I kinda agree with him. Not sure, as I said above, how Binotto will deal with the politics of F1, and that can be super important during a season. I too think they should have brought a team principle in.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-01-2019, 08:46 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Forza I kinda agree with him. Not sure, as I said above, how Binotto will deal with the politics of F1, and that can be super important during a season. I too think they should have brought a team principle in.

Yeah Jody, its hard to know, Im sure he is well versed in the politics within the team but as you say F1 politics is a whole new ball game

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ferrari president John Elkann has strongly refuted reports that the team faces further management upheaval and could even turn to former boss Stefano Domenicali for help...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...e/4324644/

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hearing there have actually been some resignation letters handed in at Maranello over the sacking of Arrivabene... doesn't sound to me like the man was as massively disliked back there are was reported. It's starting to look like a messy winter for Ferrari, I hope it doesn't screw things up for them, F1 needs them to be strong again this year.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Following on from Jody`s previous post several sites reporting another change at Ferrari.....Press officer Alberto Antonini has left the team (reportedly through loyalty to Arrivabene) and has been replaced by Silvia Hoffer Frangipane who recently left Mclaren

[Image: Dxuyvl5W0AEC31g.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post