Ferrari

Yeah, over the past few days I saw a few other F1 press affiliations on twitter voicing how she'll be a big loss to the paddock.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Formula 1 fans could be in for a surprise for the 2019 season as speculation mounts that Ferrari may don a "completely" different livery to their classic design, with a new style reportedly set to be showcased in tribute to the 90-year anniversary of the team's founding.

Italy's Autosprint reports that when the Maranello-made red car is revealed on February 15, it could be called the SF-90.
The '90' is a reference to the 90-year anniversary of the founding of Scuderia Ferrari by Enzo Ferrari.
Autosprint added: "The bodywork of the 2019 Ferrari could be coloured completely differently compared to the Maranello standard."That different livery could be because of the new pairing with Mission Winnow, an innovative branding operation created by Ferrari's tobacco sponsor.

Some fans think the new Ferrari livery could be similar to the one launched by Ducati's similarly Mission Winnow-sponsored MotoGP team.
Mission Winnow might also be added to the official name of the Ferrari team.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-01-2019, 04:39 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Formula 1 fans could be in for a surprise for the 2019 season as speculation mounts that Ferrari may don a "completely" different livery to their classic design,

Just for a second I thought you were going to post that it wasn't going to be red....    sacrilege  Tongue  Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

So does that mean Ferrari are on a Mission or a Mission is on a Ferrari I am confused!!!

I am really hoping their car is up to speed, I cannot wait to see what Leclerc can do. I am excited for the season that is for sure.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(30-01-2019, 12:17 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I am really hoping their car is up to speed, I cannot wait to see what Leclerc can do. I am excited for the season that is for sure.

Neil, I fully expect the Ferrari to be the best all round package in 2019 (for the third year running). The bigger question for me is can they come together as a team and find the level of weekend race management Mercedes have shown they are masters at. If they can do that then I have no doubt a WCC is possible for them this year. Unless LeClerc hits the ground running from day 1 then I do have doubts about whether Ferrari have the ingredients for the WDC. I think the lad will win races if left to compete on a level race track (not convinced he wil be in year 1), but that in itself is going to detract from any Vettel title tilt.

Of course, if the hype RBR are promoting about the honda PU turns out to be true then that is going to make Ferraris year much more difficult. I don't personally believe RBR will be in it myself (not on performance per se, but year long reliability). We shall see.

Can't wait for testing and listen to everyone in the press (and maybe on here too) making wild assumptions as to the pecking order. Morini will take his usual pre-season testing approach of nodding politely and not taking anything as reality until the cars roll out in Melbourne. Testing is good in one way as we get to see the 2019 cars earlier but it also arse achingly tedious with the amount of non-sensical media drivel it generates.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

hehe, wild pre-season speculation is all part of the fun. The general media sure does love to get the hits with face value predictions. There are outlets that put alot effort in and try predict more accurately, there are some hidden gems out there.

Looking back over the 2018 testing thread, this place had a great time, and in honestly, I don't think we were too far out. I'd say we were near spot on predicted order for Australia. We weren't predicting however, was Ferrari's massive early development drive, coupled with the track characteristics and freak weather of the races before Spain. Back to Spain in May, and form was near exact to what we thought we saw in testing.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(31-01-2019, 10:23 AM)morini Wrote:  
(30-01-2019, 12:17 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I am excited for the season that is for sure.
arse achingly tedious with the amount of non-sensical media drivel it generates.
(31-01-2019, 12:12 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  hehe, wild pre-season speculation is all part of the fun.

Yeah got to admit I enjoy the hype, not long to wait. Smile

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I agree with Morini in expecting Ferrari to have the best car again this season. Whether they can exploit it and develop it at the rate Mercedes and Red Bull seem capable of is an entirely different question.

Still enjoy the speculation of pre-season testing. I always think the best indicator of pecking order is mileage, and components tested. Last year saw Ferrari and Mercedes do a lot of miles and test a hell of a lot of parts.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141311...et-in-2019

Ferrari plans to increase its Formula 1 budget in 2019.

Ferrari plans to increase its Formula 1 budget this season to try to end its long championship win drought, in a move that emphasises its reliance on grand prix success.

"While our Formula 1 performance last year was the best one since we won the constructors' championship in 2008, we fell short of our ambition to raise the winners' cup," Ferrari chairman and CEO Louis Camilleri told investors in a conference call last week.

"Our objective going forward remains the same as it has always been, to win.

"In 2019 we project an increase in spending which partially reflects this ambition, but also includes the development expenditures required to address the new tactical regulations that will form part of the envisaged Concorde agreement that should come into force in 2021."

It is not clear what Camilleri meant by his reference to development work around F1's planned 2021 overhaul given there are still no confirmed technical regulations.

However, a broad concept of the engine rules, evolving the current specification of turbocharged hybrids, has been publicly outlined.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4105/...omeo-move/

'Ferrari owners want to buy Sauber after Alfa Romeo move'

Fiat Chrysler, Ferrari's parent company, could buy the team formerly known as Sauber it has been reported. Last week, it was announced that after more than a quarter of a century on the grid, the Sauber name will be replaced completely by Alfa Romeo from 2019.

The report said Fiat Chrysler, Ferrari's parent company, bought the Sauber naming rights for €6 million.

"We have learned that Fiat boss John Elkann also has a purchase option that can be used until the summer," wrote journalist Ralf Bach.

"One thing is certain: for Ferrari, the close cooperation with Alfa not only means more political power, but the Scuderia almost benefits from a sporting perspective," he added.