Force India takeover soon?

(07-08-2018, 07:46 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  
(07-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(07-08-2018, 07:20 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Force india rescued...

Howdy Fog...hope your good M8...
Wasn't James Hunt career tumbling down the pan until one of his rich friends bailed him out....

Yeah, all good bud, and a great point,  I also agree with Morini,  - "shock horror" haha - nevertheless, there has been so many god awful drivers in F1, but I can't think of 1, who's involvement may have inadvertently actually saved the team.  Happy to be corrected though,  and whilst Stroll, does not seem to be top tier, he's not as bad as others, Jolyon Palmer, springs to mind in recent years

Edit: yes Forza, who couldn't love a team originally set up by the legend  - EJ, haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(07-08-2018, 08:01 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(07-08-2018, 07:46 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  
(07-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(07-08-2018, 07:20 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Force india rescued...

Howdy Fog...hope your good M8...
Wasn't James Hunt career tumbling down the pan until one of his rich friends bailed him out....

Yeah, all good bud, and a great point,  I also agree with Morini,  - "shock horror" haha - nevertheless, there has been so many god awful drivers in F1, but I can't think of 1, who's involvement may have inadvertently actually saved the team.  Happy to be corrected though,  and whilst Stroll, does not seem to be top tier, he's not as bad as others, Jolyon Palmer, springs to mind in recent years

Edit: yes Forza, who couldn't love a team originally set up by the legend  - EJ, haha Smile

And don't forget Pastor who had a budget of most small Countries....it is what it is.....if Daddy owns the team... Iv'e a drive....how many workers and Family are jumping for joy right now...good on em I say.....there are the top teams but somewhere in the sport stuff like this has a place.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

And don't forget Pastor who had a budget of most small Countries....it is what it is.....
[/quote]

Christ, don't remind me, that was some painful years at Lotus, with Crashtor, culminating in "that" crash, where he flipped a car upside down coming out of the pits, like you say, it is what it is Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/szafnauer-...t-make-it/

Force India chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer admits there was moments he feared Force India would ceased to exist like former teams Caterham and Manor.
There was great news for Force India this week as the team was saved from administration by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll.

The Canadian billionaire, father of Williams driver Lance Stroll, agreed a deal with the joint administrators that will all 405 jobs saved as well as all existing creditors paid in full.
While the finer details still need to be worked out, “funding to support the team will be made available” immediately with “significantly more” available when the team exits administration.
Szafnauer breathed a sigh of relief as Force India managed to avoid following Caterham and Manor out of F1.
“Once we went into administration, there were a couple that have been there and didn’t come out,” he told Autosport.
“So, there is a lot of trepidation amongst all the team members, and a lot of anxiety, because we didn’t know where it was going to go.
“It’s a huge relief to know there’s a future for the team. We’ll be able to continue as a normal Formula 1 team.”
But while the team is safe, Szafnauer admits he doesn’t whether he or Bob Fernley will have a role under the new ownership.
“It’s early days,” he said. “I would hope they would keep the senior management on.
“This just happened, I haven’t sat down with the new owners to say ‘what do you want to do?’.”

The deal is also expected to lead to a new driver line up with Lance Stroll almost assured of a race seat at his father’s team.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Robert Fernley is no longer associated with the Force India Formula 1 team following the purchase of its assets by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll.
Long associated with Vijay Mallya, Fernley had held the role of deputy team principal since the former Jordan, Midland and Spyker team was rebranded under new ownership in 2008.
He was in effect in charge of the team on race weekends when Mallya – who has been unable to leave the UK for the last couple of years – was not in attendance.
He also dealt with matters related to the FIA and the F1 organisation.

It’s understood that Fernley was informed by Stroll last week that he would not be part of the revised organisation. Chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer is currently heading the management team.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Shame I liked the guy but that said an over abiding memory of him was his failure to tell Perez to let Ocon through in the Canadian GP two years ago, I think he was weak in his management style.

I hope I am wrong but I am sensing a major decline for this team. I know many do not like Lance Stroll But I for one am prepared to cut him some slack until I see how he performs within the team. Speaking of that anyone have any idea when they will kick Ocon out of the car and let Stroll in?
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Quote Neil > "Speaking of that anyone have any idea when they will kick Ocon out of the car and let Stroll in?"

Shame if this happens, personally I would rate Ocon higher than Perez, so if it does, Ocon to Williams?  Surprised

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Anybody else take a second or two before they realised who Robert Fernley was?   Huh  lol

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

(23-08-2018, 01:43 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Anybody else take a second or two before they realised who Robert Fernley was?   Huh  lol

Yep, until I saw his picture then I realised

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138183...-this-year

This could prove a funny starter? Any takers on new brand name?
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138183...-this-year

This could prove a funny starter? Any takers on new brand name?
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post