F1 "Future Vision" plans

Formula One Makes $2 Million Loss On Digital Media

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2019/...9474b9752e

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ok pretty sure this is a first  > I agree with "the Helmut"   Shutup  

Marko: Reverse grid qualifying idea 'absurd'

Plenty of widespread regulation changes are coming to the sport in 2021, but there could be significant alterations next year, too, with F1 management discussing the possibility of having qualifying begin with the bottom drivers of the championship starting at the front for a sprint race. 

“These plans are absurd,” he told AutoWeek.com.

“If you did that on circuits like Monaco, Singapore or Barcelona, it would be pointless because overtaking is difficult or even impossible.

“You wouldn’t have to watch because nothing would change anyway.”

The Red Bull chief advisor believes that F1 should attempt to retain the conditions which have made it so popular over the decades since it began.

“Our sport is supposed to be like (soccer) or tennis, where the basic conditions have not changed fundamentally over the past 30, 40, 50 years,” he added.

“The spectators must understand the rules of a grand prix. And in the end, the best man should win.

“There should be no artificial interventions.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Finally Marko says something I can totally agree with him.

Americans love messing with sports. It has to be high scoring. Equality for all and a trophy for all it is truly pathetic. It has totally ruined American Football (which is sorry to say my first sports passion). Its like a disease. "How can we screw this up anymore" seems to be their mantra.

Pathetic really
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

******* HELL !!!!   Surprised  Shutup Stop 

Teams at odds over post-2024 F1 engine formula. (Motorsport)

Formula 1’s stakeholders are debating what direction the sport should take on power units after 2024, with Renault pushing for electrification and Mercedes keen to stick with the current formula.

The existing hybrid V6 regulations, which were introduced in 2014 and which will be tweaked for 2021, are expected to operate until at least 2024 and be replaced in 2025 or 2026.

Renault F1 boss Cyril Abiteboul says that the sport is being in danger of being left behind unless it starts planning for a formula that is more relevant to the future of road cars, and at the same time is cost-effective for the manufacturers.

“If I look the pace at which the world is changing, in my opinion, there is a huge risk that F1 is left behind,” said Abiteboul.

“Look at the Greta Thunbergs of this world, look at electrification. Things that people are saying today that they would not even have considered six months ago – Ferrari talking about a full-electric car.

“So the world is moving at a very fast pace, and we have to be very careful not to be left behind the road car industry. 
Whatever we think of electrification, it’s not going to go away.   Cry   Crying  Dodgy 

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

FIA teams up with FIM for new circuit paint standard...

https://formulaspy.com/f1/fia-teams-up-w...dard-65083

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

The decision to ban tyre blankets from Formula 1 when new 18-inch wheels are introduced in 2021 has been reversed.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146522...n-reversed

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(11-10-2019, 04:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The decision to ban tyre blankets from Formula 1 when new 18-inch wheels are introduced in 2021 has been reversed.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146522...n-reversed

I know the teams/drivers were saying it was unsafe but it would have thrown some unpredictability to the races.  Confused

In Suzuka, representatives of the FIA ​​and Liberty have discussed with the team managers details on the mini-races, which will replace the qualifier next year at three Grand Prix tests for 2021.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form...0-details/

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-10-2019, 09:33 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  In Suzuka, representatives of the FIA and Liberty have discussed with the team managers details on the mini-races, which will replace the qualifier next year at three Grand Prix tests for 2021.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form...0-details/

The GP weekends of France, Belgium and Russia are being considered.    
In order to enshrine the test runs in the sporting regulations as early as next year, a unanimous vote is required. This seems impossible under normal circumstances. The top teams have the most to lose and will probably vote against the proposal.

Especially since Mercedes found out in a simulation that the stars from the last row will only make up four or five places on Saturday. Because all the drivers in front of them will also try to come forward. As long as you're among your peers, the lap-time deltas are too small for overtaking manoeuvres and the races are too short to win decisive places.

However, the FIA has a means of exerting pressure on the teams to agree. For 2021, it can enforce the rule without a vote. Three test races in 2020 may be the lesser evil. If it doesn't work, it can be dispensed with in 2021.

Why? Papa likes it as it is, or am I being a Dinosaur...….   Confused

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Formula 1 teams are set to vote in Paris on Wednesday on plans to run three experimental Saturday qualifying races in 2020, and those currently opposed to the idea would have to change their minds for the measure to pass.

A change in the FIA Sporting Regulations for next season requires unanimity, as the deadline for a majority vote passed on April 30.

If the vote to run experimental races is not passed for 2020, the regulations could be changed for 2021 without the need for unanimity.