F1 "Future Vision" plans

Of the current street circuits Baku, for me is the least crap. At least there is decent racing. I still think if Singapore was a day race people wouldn't care about it at all, it's not a good circuit. Maybe Hanoi will prove to be an awesome addition next year and we'll all say how wrong we were, but I doubt it. F1 just doesn't suit street circuits, and Liberty Media are making a pills of it all, and just accepting big bribes to get shitty rushed street circuits on the calendar. I'm not impressed with Liberty Media at all.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

We are eventually going to see a 25 race calendar of that I am certain. Time wise I would say inside 5 years.

I really do not like the direction we are going in relation to both the number of races and (as I have alluded too many times in the past) the style of circuit which is exclusively mentioned as street races. Vietnam - street race. proposed Miami GP - street race. Talked about New York race - street race. Now China - street race. I am with others leave the street racing to Formula E.

I think all of us on here realize the sport needs to develop and change but along with the technical side being screwed up in the future (in my opinion), the move to exclusive PPV television, the failure to tackle money distribution, the obvious failure to attract new engine suppliers (No big deal in my opinion), the failure to attract new teams and the horrible apparent decision to move more to street racing has me very concerned.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Not another street circuit....

NeilP, you are right about the 25 races I think. I heard this weekend that Zandvoort is like 99% certain. Maybe in 2020 already.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Danish GP was a proposed street Circuit in Copenhagen. They spoke about a street race in Thailand too, and if I'm not mistaken there was talk of a London street race too. Apart from Zandvoort and the track in Finland, which I believe has now been rejected, liberty media have spoken exclusively about street races, apparently both Turkey and Malaysia raised interest in returning to the F1 calendar, two tracks I would love to see return, but Liberty weren't interested.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(16-04-2019, 02:12 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  yes I do somewhat like Baku (I know many of you dont)

That'll be me then, I don't like Baku at all, though I have to concede it can throw up some entertainment it is usually down to incdents and (in the case of SV) tantrums. Not a race track IMO. Of the races classifed as "street circuits" the only one I like is Montreal and that has more of a proper circuit feel anyway.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(16-04-2019, 04:55 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  1) Not another street circuit....

2)  I heard this weekend that Zandvoort is like 99% certain. Maybe in 2020 already.

1) Unanimous agreement on here is as rare as rocking horse shite but I think every single person here is in agreement with you Anti. #Bringbackhistorictracks

2) Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss  Cool   Big Grin

Long time since I was toasted at Zandvoort, wonder if "La Paz" is still in business...…    Stoned Winkblink Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

I always forget Montreal and Melbourne are officially street circuits, not that I think of them as such. Personally hate Melbourne, but love Montreal.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

(16-04-2019, 06:01 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I always forget Montreal and Melbourne are officially street circuits, not that I think of them as such. Personally hate Melbourne, but love Montreal.

I have never understood the love of the Australian GP I really think the season should start somewhere with a little more excitement than Albert Park!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

hehe, yet more stark contrasts between the F1 and MotoGP. Spa just announced they are planning to host a couple of bike series, we are all salivating at that announcement. MotoGP had its inaugural race in Thailand, and the track put on a great show with MotoGP.

F1, every track plan they announce has us wincing with despair xD

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(16-04-2019, 07:48 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(16-04-2019, 06:01 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I always forget Montreal and Melbourne are officially street circuits, not that I think of them as such. Personally hate Melbourne, but love Montreal.

I have never understood the love of the Australian GP I really think the season should start somewhere with a little more excitement than Albert Park!

You're not alone with that. Me neither understands the love for that track. If you ask me, skip it completely, but at least start somewhere else like you suggest.
Could be a nice poll on this forum; wich track would be good to start?

I say Bahrain is a good start, or maybe one in the America's and follow up with the tracks there. End with a string of European tracks and Monaco as the last one (not best race track, but good for celebration championship). This could also increase the change of rain (wich I think is good).
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post