F1 "Future Vision" plans

The British Grand Prix is set to remain at Silverstone on the Formula 1 calendar beyond this year, it has been reported. Auto Motor und Sport has suggested that a breakthrough has been made between Liberty media and Silverstone's owners the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC).

And AMuS has reported that a new deal between F1 and Silverstone could be signed in May, ahead of the race's staging in July.

The German publication also suggests that the 2020 British GP could play host to a sizable celebration of F1's history, as it will represent the 70th anniversary of F1's maiden race – also held at Silverstone.

Next weekend will see F1 reach 1000 races in China, but it has been claimed that the milestone will be met with a watered-down celebration, owing to the struggle to get classic cars to the track in Shanghai.

Such worries are unlikely to hit Silverstone, which has served as a central hub of F1 for much of its existence – indeed seven of the 10 teams on the grid retain a base within a roughly 100-mile stretch of southern England.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Is it just me or has pretty much all talk of new engine manufacturers and new teams entering Formula One just simply and completely disappeared in recent times.

We finally have got to a stage where the competition is closing in on each other (as much as that is possible with budgets and team sizes etc) and racing getting a lot more exciting and now we on the verge of mass changes again. I am all for continued excellence in engineering and aerodynamics its what F1 is all about in my book.

Sort out a fairer way of distributing the funds in F1 and just leave it be for a few years see how it goes. In a business that decries the expense of engines and make up stupid limits on their use as a cost saving idea making wholesale changes is free or cheap?

No I thought not.

(10-04-2019, 02:07 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Is it just me or has pretty much all talk of new engine manufacturers and new teams entering Formula One just simply and completely disappeared in recent times.

Yup, does seem to have gone very quiet. Kind of understandable though with the worlds governments strategies on electric vehicles.

I think we should all make the most of what we've got for the time we have left. I don't see F1 with internal combustion engines lasting more than another decade. At which point I will stop watching motor sport because the sound, the smell and the heritage is (for me) as important as the speed. F1 is relevant to car manufacturers only while the technology is applicable and still being developed in the marketplace (i.e. petrol / electric hybrids). Once the focus switches to full electric then that spells the end of the line for the good old suck / squeeze / bang / blow units we all love so much.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

In a decade RL physical racing wont exist, it will all have migrated to ESports : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Im not so sure, I honestly think there will always be a place for "proper fuel" racing....while on the subject (of sorts), when/if the greater motoring world moves to duracell powered vehicles how/where is our wonderful gov going to make up the huge amounts of revenue weaseled out of us in fuel duty?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(10-04-2019, 07:24 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Im not so sure, I honestly think there will always be a place for "proper fuel" racing....while on the subject, when/if the greater motoring world moves to duracell powered vehicles how/where is our wonderful gov going to make up the huge amounts of revenue weaseled out of us in fuel duty?

They'll just switch it straight over to your leccy bill fella. Trust me, they will make sure they don't lose out!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(10-04-2019, 07:25 PM)morini Wrote:  They'll just switch it straight over to your leccy bill fella. Trust me, they will make sure they don't lose out!

They will have to get a bit more creative than that M, sure we all will have solar lol (daylight tax?  Tongue)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

FFS!!!!!!!!!

Formula 1 officials are “highly interested” in holding a second grand prix in China in the near future, with talks set to be held with as many as six cities over a potential street race.
The Chinese Grand Prix debuted on the F1 calendar in 2004 at the purpose-built Shanghai International Circuit, and staged the sport’s 1,000th world championship round last weekend.
China is the largest car market in the world, making it an ideal nation to stage multiple grands prix as F1 looks to expand its reach and add rounds to calendar in the future.
A report from AFP claims an event in Beijing is under consideration, with F1 commercial chief Sean Bratches saying a future Chinese street race would be of significant interest to the sport in addition to the existing Shanghai event.

“In terms of interest, we would be highly interested in a street race,” Bratches told AFP.

"It would be a nice juxtaposition to the purpose-built, extraordinary facility that we have here. Our intent is to bring our show to the people.
"There's meetings set up in each with government officials to talk about identifying a second city to host a grand prix.
"We think there's an opportunity to grow from that perspective.”

The F1 calendar currently stands at 21 races, with a new race in Vietnam set to be added to the schedule for 2020. A street race will be held in the nation’s capital, Hanoi, next April.
(as reported in Crash.net)

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Liberty Media's "vision" is turning out to be very short sighted. A second F1 race in a country that doesn't give a fuck about the one it already has? And a fookin' street circuit to boot. No thanks. So what race do we lose off of the calendar to make way for their latest shit show? Or are they intending a 23 race calendar?
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(16-04-2019, 02:06 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Liberty Media's "vision" is turning out to be very short sighted. A second F1 race in a country that doesn't give a fuck about the one it already has? And a fookin' street circuit to boot. No thanks. So what race do we lose off of the calendar to make way for their latest shit show? Or are they intending a 23 race calendar?

I just dont get their thinking...in any way shape or form, yes I do somewhat like Baku (I know many of you dont) but Stevie Wonder can see street circuits just dont lend themselves to good racing....leave the street racing to formula e.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post