F1 "Future Vision" plans

Suzuka has had breaks in the past though. The current stint only goes back to 2009.

From 1963 - 1979 and 2007/2008 the Japanese Grand Prix was held at Fuji Speedway. Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso are the only drivers to have won at both venues (I think).
[+] 4 users Like black's post

The first meeting of the Formula 1 Commission in 2024 took place today, February 5, at the offices of Formula One Management, London ahead of the start of the new season. The meeting was chaired by FIA Single-Seater Director Nikolas Tombazis and Formula 1 President and CEO Stefano Domenicali.

Under discussion were topics including the format for Sprint weekends for the 2024 season and beyond, following options presented by the Sporting Advisory Committee.

The following is an overview of the key discussion points and decisions.

2024 Sprint Format

Following previous support by the F1 Commission for an update to the Sprint weekend there was agreement for a re-ordering of the sessions during the Sprint weekend with Free Practice 1 and Sprint Qualifying taking place on Friday, the Sprint and Grand Prix Qualifying on Saturday and the Grand Prix on Sunday.

The regulatory refinements for these changes will be presented to the World Motorsport Council (WMSC) on February 28.

Updates to the Technical and Sporting Regulations

A proposal to increase the Power Unit allocation to four per driver for the 2024 and 2025 seasons was agreed.

DRS Activation for the Race will be anticipated to one lap as opposed to two laps after the start of the Race, or the re-start following a Safety Car.

The group discussed a number of topics relating to the 2026 Regulations in particular financial and sustainability matters.

Other minor updates to the 2024 Technical, Sporting and Financial Regulations were approved by the Commission.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Silverstone agrees deal to keep F1 British GP until 2034.    Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could Spa be about to drop off the F1 calendar?    Angry

One of Formula 1’s most prestigious circuits could soon find itself without a place on the sport’s calendar due to rising costs.

The Belgian Grand Prix will be hosting two more grands prix in 2024 and 2025, but the cost of hosting the event will hike again as Formula 1 enters a new era of technical regulations from 2026.

The track has made a loss on its last three events, and ticket prices are among some of the highest compared to other European races.

Fees to host the race have spiralled out of control, costing €23.5 million in 2023, rising to €28 million by 2025 and more in 2026 according to GPblog.

Liberty Media are raising the stakes and it’s something that the organisers may not be able to keep up with, especially if they continue to make a loss every year.

Rumours that the track would be annexed from the calendar have circulated before, with one-year deals helping to keep the historic Ardennes layout – which is a hit among drivers and fans, on the calendar.

This time, it looks difficult for an agreement to be reached, as Formula 1 continues to increase the asking price to remain hosts of a grand prix.

"Mogadishu is back on the menu boys"
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

(09-02-2024, 04:58 PM)NeilP Wrote:  "Mogadishu is back on the menu boys"

Will that be a Tilke track?

Laughing
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(08-02-2024, 03:55 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Silverstone agrees deal to keep F1 British GP until 2034.    Big Grin

Those new apartments in the background are hideous

https://twitter.com/i/status/1757919311891710012

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-02-2024, 02:56 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(08-02-2024, 03:55 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Silverstone agrees deal to keep F1 British GP until 2034.    Big Grin

Those new apartments in the background are hideous

https://twitter.com/i/status/1757919311891710012

On the bright side I'd wager they will be very reasonably priced?....       Shutup

(15-02-2024, 03:09 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  On the bright side I'd wager they will be very reasonably priced?....       Shutup

.....and probably purchased by w@nkers with zero interest in motorsport

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-02-2024, 05:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  .....and probably purchased by w@nkers with zero interest in motorsport

Who'll rent them out on race weekends to w@nkers with "some" interest in motorsport Laughing

Economics eh?
[+] 4 users Like morini's post