F1 "Future Vision" plans

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Spanish Grand Prix to move from Barcelona to Madrid in 2026

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68065785

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-01-2024, 11:38 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Spanish Grand Prix to move from Barcelona to Madrid in 2026

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68065785

Roundabouts in F1?..... what a good idea.....    Cry

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

I am not shocked I just shake my head.

Very sad this sport is being trashed by these assholes.

I think I will see Hamilton's career out, and maybe, maybe Norris and by that time the sport will be totally unrecognizable.

Everything America touches just goes downhill, I can think of nothing they improve

EDIT: best comment on the BBC HYS

"I imagine this track will have less soul than my ex-wife."
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has spoken about the change in approach the sport has taken with its contracts for circuits moving from a short/medium term approach to looking to tie down longer-term deals for its tracks.

F1 circuit contract expiry years in full.

Silverstone, UK: 2024

Suzuka, Japan: 2024

Imola, Emilia Romagna, Italy: 2025

Las Vegas, USA: 2025

Mexico City, Mexico: 2025

Monte-Carlo, Monaco: 2025

Monza, Italy: 2025

Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium: 2025

Zandvoort, Netherlands: 2025

Baku, Azerbaijan: 2026

Barcelona, Spain: 2026

Marina Bay, Singapore: 2028

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: 2030

Sao Paulo, Brazil: 2030

Spielberg, Austria: 2030

Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi: 2030

Miami, USA: 2031

Montreal, Canada: 2031

Austin, USA: 2032

Budapest, Hungary: 2032

Lusail, Qatar: 2032

Madrid, Spain: 2035* (*joining the F1 calendar in 2026)   Dodgy

Sakhir, Bahrain: 2036

Melbourne, Australia: 2037

(23-01-2024, 05:07 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am not shocked I just shake my head.

Very sad this sport is being trashed by these assholes.

I think I will see Hamilton's career out, and maybe, maybe Norris and by that time the sport will be totally unrecognizable.

Everything America touches just goes downhill, I can think of nothing they improve

EDIT: best comment on the BBC HYS

"I imagine this track will have less soul than my ex-wife."

Makes my chest ache mate.   Angry

You warned us what would happen with Liberty buying in, everything you said is coming true.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

On a bit of a trip to see our folks at the moment.  Look what’s up the road…..wonder if this will make ot on the next 5 years?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

(23-01-2024, 10:10 PM)Westie Wrote:  On a bit of a trip to see our folks at the moment.  Look what’s up the road…..wonder if this will make ot on the next 5 years?

Let's hope so.     Cool

Enjoy mate.

If it wasn't so close to the truth this comment would have made me laugh    Dodgy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23-01-2024, 10:10 PM)Westie Wrote:  On a bit of a trip to see our folks at the moment.  Look what’s up the road…..wonder if this will make ot on the next 5 years?

Wish you a safe and happy trip.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Spanish media reports claim eye-watering figure for Madrid fee.

With the dust settling on the announcement and fanfare from Madrid, a report from Catalunya-based CCMA through their television station TV3 has claimed the Madrid effort pulled together funding of around €48 million per year.

This means a figure of almost half a billion euro is claimed to have landed the 10-year deal, that expires in 2035.

This eye-watering sum would eclipse other European track figures, and puts it in the same ballpark of around €50 million as believed to be paid by the likes of Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.

The publication states this figure is almost double what the Generalitat de Catalunya paid for the race in Barcelona, estimated at €25 million.

But I thought Domenicali said it wasn't about the money?.....  Shutup

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post