Kimis last year and his career.

Being a big Kimi fan i wonder if there are any out thete who share the great Stirling Moss's view that Kimi was simply the fastest man he'd seen? All about opinion ofc. Anyway its surely his last year and ive enjoyed watching him race (when he can be bothered Smile ). IMO probably unlucky not to be double world champion owing to reliability of the Mclaren. Anyway thpughts welcome good or bad or just damn ugly

https://youtu.be/PV0zvqZZzmE
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

I was a massive Kimi fan myself (still am to be honest). On his day, with a car underneath him there weren't many faster in the dry. But I remember Spa in 2008 he was outclassed in the rain by a young (and inexperienced in F1) Hamilton. The win was taken away from Hamilton (rightly or wrongly), but that race was enough to show that wet weather brings the cream to the top. Lots of other examples too. Kimi was / is very fast, but certainly not always so in wet conditions. The best driver personality in F1 by far though.

I also think he can have days where he completely loses interest. But again, that is part of his charm.

[edit] Nice video, didn't watch it before replying. A fast Finn for sure and I for one love the guy.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Kimi was genuinely one of the quickest drivers out there. Definitely deserved to be a double WDC. No question. However, it has been very, very sad to watch him 'phone' so many seasons in since coming back to the sport. Although Vettel being a clear number 1 and getting preferential treatment won't have helped with the motivation. I personally thought he had a great weekend in Australia and was clearly the better of the two Ferrari drivers. If it is his last season I hope he has a few last hurrahs in him...

It probably will be his last season.

Thanks for the clip Lotus, awesome - but peeps have said it was Kimi's last year in F1 for the last 3 years, and result aside he was better than Vettel in Oz, don't write him off yet for another year, lol

but here's the thing:  Alonso, 2 xWDC, Vettel 4 x WDC

Kimi, 1 x WDC - but only Ferrari driver since Schumi to win for them.

I wonder who carries the most kudos, it's not like the other two weren't trying Smile

Edit: just saw Jody and Morini's replies, not sure he "phoned" anything in, just that he is a very car sensitive driver, which can be a flaw, but given the setup to his liking, which it has never been since his return, i.e. being built around Alonso and then Seb, not sure if that's fair

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(30-03-2018, 09:33 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It probably will be his last season.

I wouldn't bet my house on it though!

Morini, neither would I. I've read plenty of Italian sports papers, and they all say if Leclerc proves he's quick enough he'll be in the Ferrari in a flash. If he's not quite ready though then expect Kimi to get another year.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

I think he will be off end of the season. To be honest if he loses ground he will quickly lose interest imo thats how he is. At Lotus he shocked most by his return to pace so quickly. What i really like is he is generally a gentleman on the track in terms of racing and giving room whether that makes him vunerable to the likes of Danny Ric and Max and Vettel well ot think it does. Anyway om hoping to see a few podiums and maybe a win to top it off
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

Regarding Kimi Raikkonen, I think he is one of the most likeable personalities in the F1 paddock.

But, I think somewhere he lacked dedication? Or is it hard work? I see his career from 2008 - 2011 as 'wilderness years' where he wasn't giving his full effort. If in 2008 Felipe Massa could challenge for the title in the same Ferrari, surely Kimi could have as well. Then he was more interested in rallying for a couple of years. If he'd been in Formula 1 in 2010, in a Ferrari or McLaren, he may have won. He wasn't really able to secure a top team drive upon his return, joining the poorly run Lotus team, and since returning to Ferrari he hasn't found his form.

But his early years in the McLaren were superb, and we saw a lot of that same fire in the Lotus years as well.
[+] 2 users Like BrendanSylvester's post