Motorsport Pay wall

You can see it from space.

Motorsport website has now introduced a prime feature, which just seems to be applied to any 1 in 3 articles. Autosport has their limited articles and prime subscription to read a little more insight in a sport. Increasing levels of PPV for sports, free viewing is being eradicated or seriously compromised as we are seeing with C4 this year with F1 and MotoGP in C5.

How is this level of greed going to be good for the sports world?

With F1 pursuing more and more changes to appeal to the younger audience, since when do 12 year olds have the level of cash flow to be able to follow the sport. If they do, they are spending it on twitch streamers etc.

The way I see it, is they are just shutting off sports from people. We all know about F1 because it was just cropping up in our lives? We all had readily available access to it, so it was easy to get interested, easy to stop watching after Schumi and Ferrari dominated. Yet, easy to come back to it. Now, no chance.

A real shock is on the horizon for Liberty and the Motorsport world. We've already seen the first waves of no more pay wall shit in the Star Wars Battlefront II release.

No wonder they are only taking surveys and focusing on race crowds, because the future is, they are going to be the only ones war

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Couldn't agree more.

I'm not a pauper and can afford to pay, but I object to whats going on here on principle. I think I already pay more than I should to watch the sports I enjoy. I won't be screwed for more without a fight.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

There was a discussion here in Sweden about pay per view sport, and F1 came up. It apparently used to be shown on SVT1, The Swedish equivalent of BBC1, but Bernie priced them out of it by wanting to essentially charge every Swedish citizen £15 for the privilege, and Swedes quite rightly told him to fuck off. But the state pay per view sports channel here has had to start charging to stream each race as a live event because if they wanted to show the races as part of their regular programming it'd add 200SEK (about £20) per month to the subscription. Which is apparently more than the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A combined!!! As it is F1 Management is essentially saying it's going to cost £18 to watch each race here in Sweden, and the broadcaster thinks they're going to lose money on it. They say they already lose money on Moto GP, IndyCar, WEC, DTM and That they break even on F1 and make money on Rally. In short, they think Motorsport is an endangered species...

I agree.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post