we need Jody for this

title says it all - haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

You are right Fog, but I guess it is open to debate whether the technical section stays? Depends on whether the user base grows and if people are interested in a technical subforum.

(13-11-2017, 11:10 PM)morini Wrote:  You are right Fog, but I guess it is open to debate whether the technical section stays? Depends on whether the user base grows and if people are interested in a technical subforum.

definitely keep it, I love to learn about the tech, just can't add too much to it myself,

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

Right what do you want to know? I take it we all spotted Mercedes were running more rake in Brazil? Not much, but they were running 1.29 degrees of rake... that’s significantly more than they have elsewhere this year.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Has the one helmet design change per season rule been quietly abandoned? Lewis ran three significantly different ones in Austin alone. I noticed Seb's now has a subtle silver/grey chequered flag pattern too - although that could just be down to camera angle/lighting

I haven't got a problem with drivers changing their helmets by the way, just seems odd for all the flack they took when they announced the rule, and now it doesn't seem to be being enforced

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

(14-11-2017, 12:54 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Has the one helmet design change per season rule been quietly abandoned?  Lewis ran three significantly different ones in Austin alone. I noticed Seb's now has a subtle silver/grey chequered flag pattern too - although that could just be down to camera angle/lighting

I haven't got a problem with drivers changing their helmets by the way, just seems odd for all the flack they took when they announced the rule, and now it doesn't seem to be being enforced

I think the rule is still there, but I think the FIA were asked to relax it by Liberty Media. Seb has had 5 or 6 designs so far this season, Max a similar number, as has Lewis. I think Lewis’ 3 helmets from CotA were auctioned. I think it was a silly rule, and it has been made all the sillier by Liberty Media’s requirement that teams display drivers names and numbers more prominently.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Ahaa, I see. Yes, a very silly rule indeed. I was hoping it had been abandoned, but 'relaxed' is good. It got a bit daft during Seb's Red Bull years.

On a related note, I am glad to see the helmet designs are returning back to simpler designs from the ones which a few years ago looked like an art supply drawer had vomited on them!! Sainz's is a particular favourite of mine

(14-11-2017, 01:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry to interrupt your helmet design convo, Jody how do you think teams will cope with the 3 engines per year ruling? Have they also reduced the number of components ie, mguk, mguh, contol electronics etc before penalties are applied?

Perhaps you could start a new topic about the 3 engine limit?

From the latest 2018 sporting regs (https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110):

23.3 a) Unless he drives for more than one team (see 23.3© below), and subject to the
additions described below, each driver may use no more than 3 engines (ICE), 3 motor
generator units-heat (MGU-H), 3 turbochargers (TC), 2 energy stores (ES), 2 control
electronics (CE) and 2 motor generator units-kinetic (MGU-K) during a Championship
season.
With the consent of (and at the sole discretion of) the FIA, the numbers above will be
increased by one for any driver using a power unit provided by a new power unit
manufacturer (as defined in Appendix 9) taking part in their first Championship season.

Edit: Sorry, Jody's suggestion was posted while I was copying & pasting hehe)

[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

Thanks for the info Purple

(14-11-2017, 02:09 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(14-11-2017, 01:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry to interrupt your helmet design convo, Jody how do you think teams will cope with the 3 engines per year ruling? Have they also reduced the number of components ie, mguk, mguh, contol electronics etc before penalties are applied?

Perhaps you could start a new topic about the 3 engine limit?
Dont worry, Purple has it covered, I was just asking your thoughts on the reg

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post