2018 German GP

(23-07-2018, 05:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Always think regardless of your affiliation it is classless to cheer the demise of the opposition.

Very true, but I can't help myself when we beat England at rugby.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

I am not specifically having a go at Lewis here...more the fia and stewards....

After reading some comments from Charlie Whiting, I think the stewards and fia are making a rod for there own back here, Just as Max`s incident passing Kimi `off track`stirred up a bit of a sh*t storm last year re track limits (which in France a few weeks back had been flat out ignored by pretty much all) I think the Lewis incident could come back to bite them down the line in some way. CW was quoted as saying "There is a rule in the sporting code which says the line separating the pit entry from the track may not be crossed in either direction by any car entering the pitlane" ( and yes I understand it doesnt mention entering then leaving again)....does anyone else think the white lines that define a race track should be more strictly enforced? ...or are the white lines there just to look pretty....surely if the rulings where black and white all ambiguity like we witnessed yesterday (and Kimi incident) would be a thing of the past.

(again this isnt about Lewis`s win this is about the sport its self before the sour grape comments come in lol)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Track limits while racing (not what we are talking about here under a safety car) have always been a major irritation to me. The white lines define where the track is and if a car has all 4 wheels over those white lines it is "off the track". No ifs or buts, simple. They should enforce it at all times and everyone knows where they stand.

I'm not singling out any particular drivers either, they all take the piss if there's time to gained, every last one of them.

Regrading what happened Sunday, I fully agree with what the stewards and FIA said, even though they handled the whole thing badly. There is no precedent for anyone doing what Hamilton did under non race conditions so it would have been very harsh to impose a time penalty. The people whineging on the other sites are just sour IMO.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

I agree about Lewis not deserving a penalty (said it at the time to Jody) I am thinking down the line could this come back to bite them if they dont clarify what you can and cant do in these situations...its all well and good us saying this or that but when you have the might of Mercedes sh*tting themselves and telling their driver to push hard incase of a penalty coming afterwards that tells me there is too much ambiguity in this area? No?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well, there's your answer. This is the first time this particular scenario has arisen. Needs to be clarified at the drivers meetings so all the drivers know what they can and cannot do in such a situation.

I'm far more frustrated by the "variable" way the stewards and FIA approach track limits in general. How is one track different from any other, with respect to track limits? You don't see drivers taking the piss in Monaco or Singapore. Why do they allow it elsewhere?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(23-07-2018, 05:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Always think regardless of your affiliation it is classless to cheer the demise of the opposition.

I 100% agree Neil, it is completely classless  - That being said, I have to admit to being "completely classless" - I was watching Brazil 2008 with my brother and best friend who are both Ferrari fans, and pissed myself laughing, when Lewis got past Glock - that being said, I really felt for Philipe - showed great character that day.

Still - I took the piss for quite some time - as they were being sad sacks - calling the usual "fix" bollocks

and as previously said did have a chuckle, at Lewis pushing his car on Saturday - but that was more cause because of the previous convo a week or so before here - to be honest - I admired Lewis for it, great to see that passion - but, boy does he talk some bollocks, haha Smile

sorry - couldn't help myself Smile

great round up, in you're previous post, though Smile

Edit: no mention of Renault though, and the Hulks 5th - tut tut - lol

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Yeah that is what I said at the time, the track limits are the track limits, there should be no picking and choosing when to enforce them, yet we watch week in week out where drivers take the piss with exception of a few corners the fia deem naughty. Going back to the Lewis thing, yes the drivers will be spoken to about this but we all know drivers will argue the point to gain advantage when this time comes as it will likely continue to be a grey area if they dont rule against the move.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-07-2018, 06:33 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

I 100% agree Neil, it is completely classless  - That being said, I have to admit to being "completely classless" - I was watching Brazil 2008 with my brother and best friend who are both Ferrari fans, and pissed myself laughing, when Lewis got past Glock - that being said, I really felt for Philipe - showed great character that day.

Still - I took the piss for quite some time - as they were being sad sacks - calling the usual "fix" bollocks

and as previously said did have a chuckle, at Lewis pushing his car on Saturday - but that was more cause because of the previous convo a week or so before here - to be honest - I admired Lewis for it, great to see that passion - but, boy does he talk some bollocks, haha Smile

sorry - couldn't help myself Smile

great round up, in you're previous post, though Smile

Edit: no mention of Renault though, and the Hulks 5th - tut tut - lol

Have fun amongst fans is not the same provided is it done in jest and not aggressively, fans are fair game!!!!   (see Forza)

Pretty sure I did mention Renault and Hulks great race!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(23-07-2018, 06:33 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Still - I took the piss for quite some time - as they were being sad sacks - calling the usual "fix" bollocks

Are you trying to say that this wasnt a fix? Wink

(23-07-2018, 06:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-07-2018, 06:33 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Still - I took the piss for quite some time - as they were being sad sacks - calling the usual "fix" bollocks

Are you trying to say that this wasnt a fix? Wink

Here we go again lol, those dastardly tea ladies. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post