2018 German GP

Well Stroll might be getting his own race team, "Team Force Idiot" because that's what his dad will be if he buys his son an F1 team so he can stay in the sport.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Lots to take from the race which was very exciting especially if (with apologies to all) you are a Mercedes and Hamilton fan like myself.

Ferrari - I think Raikkonen is done with the whole set up. The frustration in his voice told the story. Jock Clear you were anything but. Just tell him to move over for Vettel, he knew what he was being asked to do he just wanted you to spell it out for all to hear! I will be stunned if he stays. Vettel, yet another major mistake at the wrong time, yes it was his fault but would he have been pushing so hard had he held a bigger lead when being held up by his team mate. The call was correct it was about 10 laps too late!

Mercedes - Fantastic recovery drive by Hamilton to do 42 laps at pace on those tyres opened the door, his skillset driving in variable conditions won him the race. Would Bottas have got past him, who knows divided opinion. Bottas, good drive had the chance (or did he) to win at the end but lets be honest Vettel had him totally covered until the weather intervened. I still cannot make my mind up on the guy.

Red Bull - Verstappen gave his all and did well in fairness. The gamble to go Inters was surprising but I guess he had nothing to lose he was not going to catch the top 3. Ricciardo, get used to it Danny I have a gut feeling next season you will be pulling over even more with engine issues. Sad and frustrated for him my second favourite driver Have I ever told you guys I wanted him in a Mercedes next season!!!!!!

Renault - Hulkenberg having a really solid race and a great 5th placed finish. Sainz star is fading fast what on earth was he doing overtaking under a safety car? Whether Red Bull release him or not I think his odds of being there next year are growing longer by the day.

Haas - Good result for Grosjean not for Magnussen. I expected more from them these weekend. as much as the Ferrari engine is being hailed as supreme the works Mercedes just blew past it with ease. Big difference witha works team engine in a works team car than a customers.

Force India - A much needs boost for the team morale this weekend. I really hope something can be salvaged from the situation they find themselves in. The Stroll family will ruin the team if that happens, sadly they are probably going to lose both their drivers. We could be looking at a back marker team next season if they are still around.

Sauber - well they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time that would be Marcus Ericsson this weekend. I give him credit for his 9th place finish in what will surely be his last season in F1. Leclerk, well obviously has a future in rallying if F1 does not work out for him that was some save!!! Not his day but there will be others that is for sure.

Toro Rosso - Another feel good event as Hartley gets a point, good for him I like the guy but he is not an F1 driver. What in Gods name were the team doing putting Gasly on full wets... stupid decision when the track was not even wet enough for Inters.

McLaren - Has Vandoorne even got any fight left in him, I dont think so. Alonso pushed hard as he could but the car is just woeful most of the time. I think if Alonso was not on the team we would be looking at the second to last place team, which leads on to....

Williams - I guess an improved weekend but then when you are so bad even a tiny improvement shows. Sirokin finally did something of note to qualify 12th and half a second quicker than Stroll was something but this is a team that is dying on its feet, so sad.

Everything to play for its going to be ebbs and flows all the way to the end boys!!!
[+] 6 users Like NeilP's post

(22-07-2018, 10:29 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Just watches Teds notebook, still haven't spotted "the fabled mutant toe"  ???

On the subject of Ted's Notebook, I didn't get to see it as went out instead. Is it worth watching? As I see it's linked on the sky website and I'm "working from home".
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

A very healthy discussion, some great sum ups!! So I'll add the usual infographics and move on.

[Image: Dit6gp1WsAAZF7S.jpg]
[Image: DiuGAXvWsAU_4Yd.jpg]
[Image: DiuTL7EX0AAn9Md.jpg]
[Image: Di0Bd_bW0AAe40y.jpg:large]

All I'll add is: 
As I predicted in an earlier post. This race certainly followed this years theme of anything will happen.
Pre-rain predicted form was on point. Ferrari and Haas all the cars to beat.
However, since Austria the Mercedes tyre wear is the best it has ever been. 42 laps on softs for HAM, coming through the field, then managed to match Vettel on his fresher set, just as Silverstone. I think there is a role reversal form last year. Ferrari top qually car, Merc top race car.

To Hungary. I'll savour cause then its summer break.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Driver ratings are out over on Sky site. They aren't as hilarious as usual.

6 for Vetty (bit harsh)
4 for Stoff!!!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(23-07-2018, 12:15 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-07-2018, 10:29 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Just watches Teds notebook, still haven't spotted "the fabled mutant toe"  ???

On the subject of Ted's Notebook, I didn't get to see it as went out instead. Is it worth watching? As I see it's linked on the sky website and I'm "working from home".

Honest answer mate no idea, two flap jacks & eight stella's make Papa a very messy boy lol.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-07-2018, 01:15 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Honest answer mate no idea, two flap jacks & eight stella's make Papa a very messy boy lol.

ooooooh.... someone really did celebrate yesterdays result, fair play ....had a few myself but for other reasons  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Saw this eslewhere and though it worth a post. What I didn't realise at the time of Vettels excursion into the kitty litter was how well it went down with the crowd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJMLXcd...e=youtu.be

Lots of Dutch in that section by the look / sound of it  Smile
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(23-07-2018, 04:34 PM)morini Wrote:  Saw this eslewhere and though it worth a post. What I didn't realise at the time of Vettels excursion into the kitty litter was how well it went down with the crowd!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJMLXcd...e=youtu.be
Lots of Dutch in that section by the look / sound of it  Smile

Quote Gareth when we heard the crowd as Sebastian went off "don't think they like him in Holland" Hehe

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Always think regardless of your affiliation it is classless to cheer the demise of the opposition.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post