2018 French GP

(26-06-2018, 07:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Have I accidentally signed into the Lewis Hamilton Fan Club by mistake? Wink

By mistake? we all know your a fully paid up member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club..... Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(26-06-2018, 07:40 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(26-06-2018, 07:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Have I accidentally signed into the Lewis Hamilton Fan Club by mistake? Wink

By mistake? we all know your a fully paid up member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club.....   Tongue

Fully paid up member???.....Im the f*cking President of it Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Nah Forza, I'm just starting to really appreciate the talent Lewis has. He still comes across as a bit of a twat, but he is undoubtedly a very, very talented driver. I'll ask you a question, right now, who would you rather have in the Ferrari, Seb or Lewis, and why?
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(26-06-2018, 10:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry guys to break up the Gushing Lewis love fest Wink

I have to point out I didn't partake in said love in! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(26-06-2018, 07:57 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  

Nah Forza, I'm just starting to really appreciate the talent Lewis has. He still comes across as a bit of a twat, but he is undoubtedly a very, very talented driver. I'll ask you a question, right now, who would you rather have in the Ferrari, Seb or Lewis, and why?

Like I have said many times if Lewis could be wheeled out fully suited up on a Friday and put back in the closet on a Sunday evening while doing his best Stig impression over the weekend I would have Lewis out of the current drivers. I am not Sebs biggest fan either, I am aligned through the team and no more than that. What I (and other non Lewis fans) have noticed though is the constant need for Lewis fans to go on and on and on telling other fans of the sport just why Lewis should be regarded as "the best"....."the fastest" and "the almighty"....yes we all know just how good he is and what he has achieved within the sport....I (as have many others) have not found this to be the case with any of the other drivers fans (both past and present)....perhaps this is due to the media orientated times we live in, I dont know.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-06-2018, 07:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Fully paid up member???.....Im the f*cking President of it Wink

And so you should be, what with your Fantasy league top step this week. Thank you Mr Hamilton! Grrr..., you should have Vettel in your team!!

Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(26-06-2018, 08:15 PM)morini Wrote:  And so you should be, what with your Fantasy league top step this week. Thank you Mr Hamilton! Grrr..., you should have Vettel in your team!!

Wink

If I had picked Seb from the get-go he would have put the Ferrari in the wall at Australia and ended up with 2 broken legs and out for the rest of the season Wink

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

"What I (and other non Lewis fans) have noticed though is the constant need for Lewis fans to go on and on and on telling other fans of the sport just why Lewis should be regarded as "the best"....."the fastest" and "the almighty"....yes we all know just how good he is and what he has achieved within the sport....I (as have many others) have not found this to be the case with any of the other drivers fans (both past and present)....perhaps this is due to the media orientated times we live in, I dont know."

What is actually totally forgotten is that ALL of these guys even the Marcus Ericcsons of this world are great drivers. Just to get yourself into a F1 car even as a pay driver you have to be pretty darn special.

As a Hamilton fan myself I have to agree with you the die hard Lewis fans are way over the top and that makes the likes of Papa and myself want to keep our fanhood relatively quite. But that is what I like about this forum you guys have set up. Its informative, educational ( at least for me) a little bit of fun and next to no hatred.

Great job!
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

(26-06-2018, 08:13 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ..I (as have many others) have not found this to be the case with any of the other drivers fans (both past and present)....perhaps this is due to the media orientated times we live in, I dont know.

I think a lot of that is down to the negative media (the press are even worse than the TV pundits) and the fact that Hamilton gets a ton more flack on websites / forums than any other driver from what I can see (no doubt due to his overwhelming success generating bitterness and jealousy). It works both ways, I think you find a lot of the real "appreciators" (I use that word ahead of "fan") will fight his corner to balance the vitriol/bile that comes from the anti brigade. I'm not talking about the casual "Lewis disliker camp" either, I'm talking about the nutters who post the really bitter & twisted stuff. I don't see much of that type of negativity for any of the other drivers. Have you noticed how much better the Sky comments section is recently? That's because a lot of the anti-ham brigade won't post under a proper account. Wonder why that is?

We all have our likes & dislikes driver wise, but some of the stuff posted about Hamilton is just unpleasant and unecessary.

You all know I don't much like his public persona either (actually, I don't much care and just ignore it). But I've always liked to watch him drive and you could tell he was a bit special the moment he got into F1 - and before that if you were watching. I still maintain he's the best I've seen since I started watching F1 in the mid 70's. But it's just an opinion an as such worth nowt to anyone but me Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I get the whole annoying Lewis fan argument, they wind me up as well. But I wouldn't judge any sports personality by their fans... but hey, that's just me personally. As Morini has pointed out it's seemingly and equal and opposite reaction thing with Lewis, he gets his fair share of crazy detractors too. Like the 2015 season where some people still claim Rosberg had more mechanical failures, when watching that season back he really only had the double failure at Monza, and actually Lewis had more reliability issues. Not taking a new upgraded engine in Monza was also Rosberg's choice apparently, and the engineers advised him against it. The people who still claim Seb driving into Lewis was all Lewis' fault, he attracts the crazies I think partly because he is probably the sports only superstar. He's certainly the only driver to have reach outside of motorsport. People I know who don't follow any sport know who Lewis is, they've never heard of the others usually, maybe some have heard of Alonso, or Seb, nut they couldn't tell you anything abut them, with Lewis they know who he drives for, and who he is.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post