Ferrari

(22-02-2024, 12:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(22-02-2024, 12:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ahead of Lewis Hamilton’s 2025 move to Ferrari, the Scuderia have been warned the Briton won’t “put up” with the sort of radio messages Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz have to deal with.
He cant speak the language so wont know when they are calling him a "whinging fecker"  Tongue

Haha, got me thinking..... of Lewis's bemused face inside the helmet   Laughing

I heard Italian is a hard language to learn but luckily for Lewis Swearing is universally English    Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

THE FERRARI RACE SIM OFFERING CLUES TO ITS RED BULL-BEATING POTENTIAL.

The consensus among the paddock is that Red Bull is clearly going into next weekend’s F1 season-opener as the team to beat.

What is not so sure, though, is exactly how big its advantage is, because there is another Sainz element to the Bahrain test that has offered F1 plenty of food for thought about where the competitive picture lies between his Ferrari team and Red Bull.

As teams crunched through the data, it was a race-sim run from Sainz on the second evening, running in similar but not identical conditions to Perez on the same programme, that offered some intrigue about just how good the new SF-24 may be.

In pure lap time, the timing sheets suggested it was advantage Ferrari in fact. Over the three race stints, Sainz proved to be quicker than the Red Bull.

The Spaniard’s advantage on the C3 averaged just more than 0.4 seconds – and stretched to more than one second on their final stints, which were both on the C1 hard compound.

The scale of that advantage was so extreme that it almost certainly points to Perez having run heavier on fuel. With it widely accepted that 10kg of weight equates to around 0.3 seconds of lap time around Bahrain, there is quite a high degree of variability to be exactly sure of how much of a realistic picture their two runs offered.

But one thing is not in doubt from the Sainz race sim – that the high tyre degradation which derailed much of Ferrari’s 2023 campaign appears to have been cured.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(24-02-2024, 05:13 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  THE FERRARI RACE SIM OFFERING CLUES TO ITS RED BULL-BEATING POTENTIAL.

I would love it if anyone has race pace to challenge Red Bull, but this article (you don't say where it's from) sounds like complete wishful thinking bollocks to me. There are many more variables in testing than simply fuel levels. Teams run different programs and they never, ever show true pace. At least the front running teams don't! People won't know the pecking order until the race next Saturday, but I'm willing to bet Red Bull hold a large advantage just like they did last year.

We get the same stuff spouted every year. Analysing testing times if for the foolhardy.
[+] 1 user Likes black's post

(24-02-2024, 05:40 PM)black Wrote:  
(24-02-2024, 05:13 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  THE FERRARI RACE SIM OFFERING CLUES TO ITS RED BULL-BEATING POTENTIAL.

I would love it if anyone has race pace to challenge Red Bull, but this article (you don't say where it's from) sounds like complete wishful thinking bollocks to me. There are many more variables in testing than simply fuel levels. Teams run different programs and they never, ever show true pace. At least the front running teams don't! People won't know the pecking order until the race next Saturday, but I'm willing to bet Red Bull hold a large advantage just like they did last year.

We get the same stuff spouted every year. Analysing testing times if for the foolhardy.

Yup we say the same thing every year, testing is as clear as mud.

I fear RB's advantage will be even bigger than last year sadly.    Cry  

The one thing I took from it is Ferrari have/hopefully sorted out their tyre deg, (which is why I posted it in italic)
I also think they have the second best car.

Don't completely agree with you last line, yes we can learn very little & be misled by the teams, except when the cars are on long runs they have to have similar fuel, obviously they can over fuel to hide pace but it does give a clue.

This is what this link was saying, along with Ferrari's tyre deg, its from your favourite site btw.   Wink 

One last ray of hope for us Fred confirmed that at no time was the Ferrari was on full beans, 
I am trying to look on the Brightside.

Which site? I'm still not sure.

You should maybe post a link along with the text quotes?

But, I stand by the general premise the teams will *not* show their real guns in testing. Never have, never will. Benson, Anderson, Kravitz et al always wet their pants over testing times but history shows testing times mean nothing and they've looked stupid in the past.

As I said, anyone but Red Bull for me. But I remain to be convinced any of the other teams have closed the huge gap and I will only take notice of race performances early season. I've got everything crossed the gap has narrowed, logic suggests it probably hasn't. Red Bull hid latent pace all through 2023.
[+] 1 user Likes black's post

(24-02-2024, 08:12 PM)black Wrote:  Which site? I'm still not sure.

You should maybe post a link along with the text quotes?

Thought it was PF1....  that's why I said your favourite site lol  Laughing

But checked it's Motorsport.com

My bad I usually do, or write the site next to the headline, I had two wisdom teeth out Friday (this is my excuse) 
& I've been self medicating since, I'm no Dr but I feel better   Wink

(24-02-2024, 08:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Thought it was PF1....  that's why I said your favourite site lol  Laughing

Not sure if it is Blacks favourite site or not, but in the interests of impartiality ......

Just to clarify for anyone who might read this, Planet F1 is not a journalistic website it is just a "news aggregator" and as such simply recycles articles from real news outlets then allows its own "subscribers" to post a shitfest / bunfight underneath. The site is purely advertisement driven and makes its money from the traffic / high number of clicks the flame wars underneath the "articles" encourage. It is a very cynical business model.

I cannot understand why anyone who has control of their sensibilities would visit sites like this? I dislike Planet F1 even more than facebook (almost).

(24-02-2024, 08:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  But checked it's Motorsport.com

This is a reputable site, but like most things in life you need to pay to view / read.

For free and (some of the time) trustworthy motorsport news you've got "the race" https://www.the-race.com, but even then the journos on there seem to love themselves more than the sport Laughing In all seriousness, at least Mark Hughes and Gary Anderson have a track record in F1 even if a lot of what they write seems to have an agenda.

I think my problem is the internet has opened up a conduit for a lot of fake news. I am deeply untrusting of sources of information without a track record.

[edit]

Here's what Gary Anderson thinks (not that I think this is anything more or less than guesswork)

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/gary-...-analysis/
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(24-02-2024, 09:49 PM)morini Wrote:  
(24-02-2024, 08:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Thought it was PF1....  that's why I said your favourite site lol  Laughing

Not sure if it is Blacks favourite site or not, but in the interests of impartiality ......

(24-02-2024, 08:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  But checked it's Motorsport.com

This is a reputable site, but like most things in life you need to pay to view / read.

For free and (some of the time) trustworthy motorsport news you've got "the race" https://www.the-race.com, but even then the journos on there seem to love themselves more than the sport Laughing In all seriousness, at least Mark Hughes and Gary Anderson have a track record in F1 even if a lot of what they write seems to have an agenda.

I was teasing Black as I knew he was pissed off with it, (PF1) we don't call it "the crazy site" for no reason.

Yeah the prime stories you have to subscribe, but there's also lots of free stuff, I have to turn my add blocker off to see them, then turn it on again after. (think MotorSport is linked with AutoSport as they have the same write ups) 

Also look at the race, F1.com, Crash, Racer magazine & anything Gags spots.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yeah, I admit I used to frequent Planet F1 regularly at one time. I stopped going there when I realised it wasn't a very nice place to be and some of the community are genuinely unhinged. Sounds quite stupid now, but the place had a negative vibe and it did wind me up. Probably more than I realised at the time.

No doubt this is off topic, I also agree with the observation that the internet in general is not conducive to reliable, factual reporting. A lot of people simply "believe" what they read on social media sites without thinking of where the information originated and whether the source is reputable or trustworthy. It was a lot easier growing up in my day, you had the 10 pm news and the printed press. People could more or less trust those sources back in the day. I find myself questioning the validity of everything I read these days. God knows how the younger generation keep on top of current affairs.

The world is turning to shit really  Sad 

Technology has made things a lot worse in this respect. 

And I'm sorry for the non Ferrari flavour of this outburst! To bring it back on topic, for what it's worth, nothing would make me happier than Ferrari winning next weeks opener.
[+] 5 users Like black's post

(24-02-2024, 11:00 PM)black Wrote:  1) Yeah, I admit I used to frequent Planet F1 regularly at one time. I stopped going there when I realised it wasn't a very nice place to be and some of the community are genuinely unhinged. 

2) The world is turning to shit really  Sad 

3) Technology has made things a lot worse in this respect. 

4) And I'm sorry for the non Ferrari flavour of this outburst! To bring it back on topic, for what it's worth, nothing would make me happier than Ferrari winning next weeks opener.

1) Some of us did visit PF1, I left (I got banned) for pointing out the bleeding obvious, for the reasons you stated.

2) Sad but true.

3) My boy loves tech, sadly he doesn't understand the joy of making a good bow in the woods, when I see a group of youngster's all ignoring each other & looking at their phones I despair.

4) If a Brit can't win.... Forza Ferrari!!!!   Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post